CUDA?
Does hashcat not actually use CUDA for Nvidia cards now? I'm puzzled over the fact that there's no .cu files on github but there are many .cl files for OpenCL. I keep thinking back to (now outdated) cudaHashcat vs oclHashcat and find myself quite confused over this.

I'm doing a research project for school where I'm making a CUDA md5 cracker, and while programming my own md5 implementation in CUDA, I was thinking of using hashcat's CUDA md5 for good measure to compare against mine/to have a well-implemented version since mine is bound to not be ideal.

Now that I actually look, however, this doesn't seem to be the case. I've already committed to using CUDA specifically for my project so I don't want to just switch to OpenCL. Secondly, I thought OpenCL was noticeably slower on Nvidia cards compared to CUDA due to Nvidia's snail-pace at supporting it? Hasn't it still not gotten OpenCL 2.0 support yet?

Thanks! (I wasn't sure if this belonged in the developer or support forum more, please move if I chose incorrectly)

Messages In This Thread
CUDA? - by hoboX10 - 07-15-2017, 01:03 AM
RE: CUDA? - by atom - 07-15-2017, 12:49 PM
RE: CUDA? - by hoboX10 - 07-16-2017, 03:43 AM
RE: CUDA? - by atom - 07-16-2017, 01:41 PM