[mp64] Output Results with Max/Exact Number of Chars of Specified Charsets
Doughbray notes! (Hello!)

I modified the source of mp64.c to be able to specify how many times a certain charset will appear (max or exact) in the generated output regardless of position. Eg: EXACT: 1 symbol, 2 lowers, 0 numbers ?a?a?a?a?a?a will give outputs with exactly 1 symbol, 2 lowers, 0 numbers and 3 uppers, but the order does not matter.

The function is run at the the end and is basically an 'exclude' filter. I am positive my code could be made faster. However, when used with rules in hashcat, this is not the bottleneck (at least on my hardware).

I understand this is super-trivial to implement, yet I have not seen it implemented.

Does this functionality fit with the goal of maskprocessor? Is the implementation up to snuff? If so, how do I go about submitting it to the devs?

Attached is my raw source. I also have a "save every N number of tries" function in there. This makes it easier to save progress when piping into hashcat. Again, trivial, but I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Edit: Made it less needy.

Attached Files
.txt   mp.txt (Size: 31.79 KB / Downloads: 1)

Messages In This Thread
[mp64] Output Results with Max/Exact Number of Chars of Specified Charsets - by pluna - 02-06-2018, 06:37 AM