Truecrypted USB, almost there, tweaking help requested
Brick 
Hello! thanks in advance for reading.
I am working on decrypting a Truecrypted USB key whose password is only half known to me. I was able to crack a test USB key encrypted with TC using hybrid (+mask) attack, so I know I'm on the right track. As for the target USB key, I have come up with the following command:

Code:
./hashcat64.bin -m 6211 -a 7 -1 ?l?d?u ../liveHash/cryptodisk_sdc1.dd ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1 password.txt --increment --increment-min 3

notes: password.txt only has one line and that is the half of the password I do know. increment min to 3 as I've made it there thus far in testing.

My questions:
  • is there a faster way to run this?
  • Is it at all possible to feed the mask portion from a dictionary? I'm reasonably certain the missing half of the password will be in the form of english words, probably lowercase and maybe with a some numbers (likely at the end), but those are all truly unknowns. Likewise, length is unknown.
  • I am pre-pending in this case and will move on to appending if that fails, unless there is a way to do both at once efficiently?
  • in the event a different TC algorithm was used, is it at all possible to set multiple algos for the -m option?

I don't have decent hardware at home (have just tested on my laptop), so I'm looking to invest in something that will allow me to run this efficiently, but I did want to reach out and see if I've at least got the right command for the job at this stage.

Cheers, and thanks again for looking!

Michel

Messages In This Thread
Truecrypted USB, almost there, tweaking help requested - by md5.press - 04-04-2018, 07:45 AM