Pass for Veracrypt file container, algorithm Twofish-Serpent
Hi guys,

I have a problem: I can't find out my password for a Veracrypt File Container anymore - Nothing new for you, ok..

So the detailed problem:
I use the latest Veracrypt version (Windows) v1.22 64bit. I created a file container, but I used
  • a Password (about 20 chars), consisting of two blocks of numerics and possibly a letter
  • a PIM which is definite 710 (I am sure)
  • a keyfile, which I know definitvely too
  • there is no hidden volume
The algorithm is Twofish-Serpent and the hash is SHA512.

First question: Now, do I have to extract the first 512 bytes of the encrypted file container to a seperate file or the first 1024 bytes to get a hash file? I ask this because Veracrypt Twofisch-Serpent mode is "XTS 1024" as hashcat help says.

Second question: Doeas anybody know a Windows software to move the first 512 (or 1024) bytes of a file to a second file?

Last question: As said in this forum earlier, Veracrypt cracking works exactly like Truecrypt cracking... But why is there a Veracrypt checkbox which says "use old Truecrypt mode" (when mounting a file container) if the method is the same?

Thank you very much for your help,

Frank

Messages In This Thread
Pass for Veracrypt file container, algorithm Twofish-Serpent - by VeracryptUser - 06-18-2018, 02:50 PM