Can i modify hashcat to make it generate random instead of all possible combination?
I know this is not how brute force work, but can i make the it generate random password with declared length & possible characters:
1. Choose password length
2. Choose possible charsets
3. Input list of hashs you want to break
Run the tools & it simply generate random possible candidate instead of go from aaa->zzz
I have run some small tests in this case with my own application in C# to break lists of hundreds hash created from 7-10 characters random passwords. Assume 10 characters password with upper, lower, numeric chars have 604,661,760,000,000,000 possible combinations, when i generate 777,600,000 possible candidates (sqrt(N)), i always find at least 1 or even more hash of them. This is way more fast & time-saving if i knew the passwords was random. C# run super slow compare to C & i just learn C recently so i want to give it a try. Do i have to edit the code in source or write a attack rule for this? Thank you

Messages In This Thread
Can i modify hashcat to make it generate random instead of all possible combination? - by dtoan140298 - 12-21-2018, 07:37 PM