Migrating from Passware to Hashcat (need guidance and opinion of experts here)
Greetings everybody, I have a 6 workstation with GPUs running on high speed network, I do Distributed network attack running passware software on one of my devices and agents on the others, recently some friends recommended using hashcat as they said it was much faster and powerful than passware, I just couldn't have the same DNA on my network, after a bit of searching and implementing I was able to install hashtopolis (A hashcat wrapper for distributed hashcracking)
I have some issues regarding the use of hashcat that I can't find solutions for online which are :
1- I can't detect file version or run brute force attack like I used to do in passware on some file types ( winrar) 
2- I can't detect or run attacks on encrypted volumes like truecrypt or veracrypt

Based on tutorials that I watched I think I must have a list containing all possible hashes to be able to match with the generated hash out of the attack that I run which seems pretty hard to get.

how do I run different attacks (Brute force, xieve, dictionary, .... ) I can't find videos or examples to this, all I find is a lot of types listed with corresponding hashes.

Messages In This Thread
Migrating from Passware to Hashcat (need guidance and opinion of experts here) - by vipereasy - 02-06-2019, 05:12 AM