Unable to get hashcat to run after GPU update
So long story short, I upgraded my NVIDIA Driver from 440.X to 440.82. Hashcat was working before this when I used the --force argument but now I can't seem to get it to run at all and after spending some time googling, I'm kinda running into a wall. So here's to hoping someone here can help me with my issue, or point me in the right direction.

Code:
:~$ hashcat -b                                                                                                                                                                                        
hashcat (v5.1.0-1778-gc5d2d539) starting in benchmark mode...                                                                                                                                                    

Benchmarking uses hand-optimized kernel code by default.                                                                                                                                                          
You can use it in your cracking session by setting the -O option.                                                                                                                                                
Note: Using optimized kernel code limits the maximum supported password length.                                                                                                                                  
To disable the optimized kernel code in benchmark mode, use the -w option.                                                                                                                                        

* Device #1: WARNING! Kernel exec timeout is not disabled.                                                                                                                                                        
             This may cause "CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES" or related errors.                                                                                                                                              
             To disable the timeout, see: https://hashcat.net/q/timeoutpatch                                                                                                                                      
* Device #2: WARNING! Kernel exec timeout is not disabled.                                                                                                                                                        
             This may cause "CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES" or related errors.                                                                                                                                              
             To disable the timeout, see: https://hashcat.net/q/timeoutpatch                                                                                                                                      
nvmlDeviceGetFanSpeed(): Not Supported                                                                                                                                                                            

CUDA API (CUDA 10.2)
====================
* Device #1: GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design, 7533/7982 MB, 36MCU

OpenCL API (OpenCL 1.2 CUDA 10.2.159) - Platform #1 [NVIDIA Corporation]
========================================================================
* Device #2: GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design, skipped

Benchmark relevant options:
===========================
* --optimized-kernel-enable

Hashmode: 0 - MD5

nvrtcCompileProgram(): NVRTC_ERROR_INVALID_OPTION

nvrtc: error: invalid value for --gpu-architecture (-arch)

* Device #1: Kernel /usr/local/share/hashcat/OpenCL/shared.cl build failed.

* Device #1: Kernel /usr/local/share/hashcat/OpenCL/shared.cl build failed.

Started: Wed Apr 22 20:10:27 2020
Stopped: Wed Apr 22 20:10:28 2020

Messages In This Thread
Unable to get hashcat to run after GPU update - by th4ntis - 04-23-2020, 02:16 AM