Unable to get hashcat to run after GPU update
So long story short, I upgraded my NVIDIA Driver from 440.X to 440.82. Hashcat was working before this when I used the --force argument but now I can't seem to get it to run at all and after spending some time googling, I'm kinda running into a wall. So here's to hoping someone here can help me with my issue, or point me in the right direction.

Code:
:~$ hashcat -b                                                                                                                                                                                        
hashcat (v5.1.0-1778-gc5d2d539) starting in benchmark mode...                                                                                                                                                    

Benchmarking uses hand-optimized kernel code by default.                                                                                                                                                          
You can use it in your cracking session by setting the -O option.                                                                                                                                                
Note: Using optimized kernel code limits the maximum supported password length.                                                                                                                                  
To disable the optimized kernel code in benchmark mode, use the -w option.                                                                                                                                        

* Device #1: WARNING! Kernel exec timeout is not disabled.                                                                                                                                                        
             This may cause "CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES" or related errors.                                                                                                                                              
             To disable the timeout, see: https://hashcat.net/q/timeoutpatch                                                                                                                                      
* Device #2: WARNING! Kernel exec timeout is not disabled.                                                                                                                                                        
             This may cause "CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES" or related errors.                                                                                                                                              
             To disable the timeout, see: https://hashcat.net/q/timeoutpatch                                                                                                                                      
nvmlDeviceGetFanSpeed(): Not Supported                                                                                                                                                                            

CUDA API (CUDA 10.2)
====================
* Device #1: GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design, 7533/7982 MB, 36MCU

OpenCL API (OpenCL 1.2 CUDA 10.2.159) - Platform #1 [NVIDIA Corporation]
========================================================================
* Device #2: GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design, skipped

Benchmark relevant options:
===========================
* --optimized-kernel-enable

Hashmode: 0 - MD5

nvrtcCompileProgram(): NVRTC_ERROR_INVALID_OPTION

nvrtc: error: invalid value for --gpu-architecture (-arch)

* Device #1: Kernel /usr/local/share/hashcat/OpenCL/shared.cl build failed.

* Device #1: Kernel /usr/local/share/hashcat/OpenCL/shared.cl build failed.

Started: Wed Apr 22 20:10:27 2020
Stopped: Wed Apr 22 20:10:28 2020
I have the very same problem after installing new Nvidia drivers.

RTX 2060
OpenCL 1.2
CUDA 10.2.159
Driver Version: 440.82
okay so it was solved for me by running

Code:
sudo apt remove libnvrtc9.1
seems to be a installation or system configuration problem only... not really a problem with latest hashcat version.
You for instance shouldn't have CUDA 9.1 and CUDA 10.2 installed... most of the time this is not even possible because the driver from nvidia.com will make sure to uninstall all other/older CUDA versions.

Therefore, it's likely a problem with your package manager vs the CUDA SDK downloaded from nvidia.com !?
(04-29-2020, 10:57 PM)zeroth Wrote: okay so it was solved for me by running

Code:
sudo apt remove libnvrtc9.1

works for me too. Thanks