[split] Another Ethereum Password Crack
(02-05-2021, 02:06 PM)undeath Wrote: mode 15700 is a parameterised hash mode. The speed depends on the scrypt parameters and generalising the performance is simply wrong. As we can see here.
That is correct but any ethereum wallet running any SCRYPT, on that hardware, will not go to 3000 hashes / s, unless is really really old, and even then.. hard pressed. SCRYPT is designed to be that way.
On a serious note, i compiled hashcat on an M1 mac and it went to 200kh/s, it took me a while to figure out why.. it somehow compiled a part wrong and never decrypted anything correctly.. i tested it with a real password Big Grin

(02-05-2021, 02:06 PM)undeath Wrote: Never ever recommend anyone using --force. Don't. Nobody should use that.
On my windows machine, that is the only way to get CPU to be used.. specifying the device alone, wont do it. Confusedhrug:

(02-05-2021, 02:06 PM)undeath Wrote: Don't buy into every marketing bullshit you read. Tesla cards are still intrinsic GPUs (with a much worse price/performance ratio). If GPUS were universally better than CPUs we'd not be using CPUs any longer. Both types of processors have their own use cases.
This! I guess tesla have their place in Deep learning and AI, but compared to Geforce card in hashcat, nowhere the performance ratio.

[/quote]

Thanks undeath, always a pleasure to be put in place by someone MUCH more knowledgeable.. (no pun or sarcasm here)

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] Another Ethereum Password Crack - by vicious1 - 02-05-2021, 10:18 PM
RE: Another Ethereum Password Crack - by vicious1 - 02-04-2021, 05:35 PM