hcat 6.1 hw monitoring with CPU
(02-11-2021, 09:03 PM)lagoon7 Wrote: Thanks for the reminder about cpu-affinity. However I am concerned that the hwmon-temp-abort flag is not working for CPUs and cause the bios to reboot. Thus does hwmon-temp-abort only apply to the GPU and NOT the CPU?

Furthermore is there a way for hashcat to have a mode where it can pause and resume "hashing" when the temperature approaches the limit?

for hw-mon, i dont really know wheter cpu or gpu only, so sry for that, on the rest

mh maybe this would be possible with 

--machine-readable

and a second process / programm monitoring the hashcat output und sending input p for pause and r for resume to the hashcat prcess but i think this is not quite a good approach

see, when pausing the temperature will drop quite really fast and also will rise really fast when resuming, so your hascat process will just pausing and resuming (depending on the cooling solution) on a quite regular base like 30 seconds or so, dont think this will work out very well,

give it a try when just using 4 or 8 cores of your 16 cores, maybe your cooling solution can handle it

Messages In This Thread
hcat 6.1 hw monitoring with CPU - by lagoon7 - 02-11-2021, 06:44 PM
RE: hcat 6.1 hw monitoring with CPU - by Snoopy - 02-11-2021, 07:43 PM
RE: hcat 6.1 hw monitoring with CPU - by lagoon7 - 02-11-2021, 09:03 PM
RE: hcat 6.1 hw monitoring with CPU - by Snoopy - 02-15-2021, 03:06 PM