Problem with HD7970 and PCI -Extenders
Hello guys, i´m a older user of hashcat but i only registered today, that´s my first time having problems and i really need help to solve my problem

I have a small cluster with 5 computers and i was using 5970, 6990, 6950, 6970 mixed gpu´s etc .. and all is working fine with this settings, i´m using riser cables with good quality on them and no problem ....

My problem is.... ATI released the HD7970 series and i saw the tests from Atom and the speed of this new graphic cards and decided to sell all my old cards in order to buy new ones so i could improve my speed .... i bought 7 units Asus direct CU II and 2 Units Shaphire stock cards Hd7970... so i started my nightmare .... i lost 1 week trying to solve the problem, installing drivers, windows, ulps, etc etc ... i never suspected the extenders, stupid me... then i decided to use the cards directly on motherboard and the problems dissapeared, so the problem is on extenders... so many hours lost eheheheh just to find this .... so now i have a big problem, i have invested so much money on cards and can´t use them all in the motherboard i must find a way to use the extenders on my motherboards .... somehow hd7970 don´t like extender/riser cables so my question is ... is anyone here using hd7970 with extenders that could help me ?? Is there any way i can make some kind of modification on my computers in order to make it working ??

Many tks in advance and happy bruteforce

Messages In This Thread
Problem with HD7970 and PCI -Extenders - by braindead - 04-04-2012, 09:21 PM