Distributed Computing for cracking a long passwd
(07-11-2012, 11:02 PM)undeath Wrote:
(07-09-2012, 09:44 PM)undeath Wrote: oclhashcat-* won't crack anything with more than 15 chars.

(07-09-2012, 04:44 AM)epixoip Wrote: oclhashcat cannot crack passwords > 16 chars.

are you that ignorant?

Hey man, you don't need to be that harsh...

You said that Hashcat can't process hashes over 16 chars but atom also said that oclHashcat-lite can... Then, epixoip talked about the first 4 chars...

I didn't understood that part maybe because i don't have the enough knowledge to understand it.

So i was gently asking to someone explain that part to a beginner, maybe with an example and show us how to configure oclHashcat-lite to process these hashes.

Another point is that the known part of the passwd has 26 chars (with spaces included) and the unknown part, we are assuming that can be up to 10 chars...

So, the 16 chars limit is including the known part and the unknown part of the passwd? Or just the password itself?

The hash that i want to crack includes 3 variables: "var1:var2:var3"

The "var1" and "var2" are the known parts of the hash. The "var3" is what we rally want to crack.

so i'm using a mask like var1:var2:?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1 and the charset1 is ?l?u?d?s..

So, with this settings i'm not going to be able to crack the missing part of the hash?

Many thanks to any contribution...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Distributed Computing for cracking a long passwd - by HelloShitty - 07-12-2012, 04:46 PM