Hi new here and couple of ?'s
Always the noobs asking ?'s, right? LOL Here we go; Names Tommie C, 55, Vancouver B.C. been doing mostly JTR for a while, and see I recognize some of the folks here from other boards I've been on. Found u from the Korelogic board and decided to have a look, Glad i did! Love the prog, (using the GUI), with great success. Congrats on the KL challenge to all those involved!! I read all the posts here that I thought might ans this for me but didn't see what I am looking for, so I hope I'm not repeating some other post.

first is speed issue and I'm pretty sure I know the ans but I need to be sure.
word list vs. rules, Is it faster to use c command when writing rules or to use 2 word lists one all lower case and one capitalized and no c command?

eg: ci00i10
ci00i11
i00i10
i00i11
so u either have a rule that's twice the size or u have two word lists that's twice the size, which is the better way to go?
PS I noticed all the KL rules are using the c command, and also in the ADD ones rule there's no 5, LOL. Took me a while to notice this, I goes from adding 4 ones to adding six.

FORGET SECOND ? I found the answer DUH i feel real dumb!!! Just put {SSHA} in front of the hash and presto!!!

next whats the format for doing ssha hashes. from the KL file i get this:

aagre:{SSHA}IwylNCheBGi1FylOUsjOsshtDc1UVHZKMlcyLg==:123::::::

I tried this: aagre:{SSHA}IwylNCheBGi1FylOUsjOsshtDc1UVHZKMlcyLg==

then this: aagre:IwylNCheBGi1FylOUsjOsshtDc1UVHZKMlcyLg==

and even this: IwylNCheBGi1FylOUsjOsshtDc1UVHZKMlcyLg

and this: IwylNCheBGi1FylOUsjOsshtDc1UVHZKMlcyLg==
but none worked, kept getting the skipping line error line too long or something. I know the prog uses just the hashes i believe. No user, no ssha just hash but that didn't work either so I figure I have to convert the hashes or something?? Thanks for any help in advance! Glad to be a new member willing and able!

Messages In This Thread
Hi new here and couple of ?'s - by Tommie_c - 11-03-2010, 01:33 AM
RE: Hi new here and couple of ?'s - by atom - 11-03-2010, 10:30 AM
RE: Hi new here and couple of ?'s - by Tommie_c - 11-09-2010, 12:29 AM