reuse restore file after upgrade (was oclHashcat v1.01)
The problem is that when you are running some (mingw etc) shell commands, you need to know what they do...
For example, if you want to modify the file "att5.restore" then you shouldn't touch the "oclHashcat.restore" file.

The commands I posted were just examples shell commands and of course you need to adjust them to your needs, i.e. when you want to reuse "att5.restore" you need to modify that specific one (and *not* other files).

So, what you should do next is:
1. check if there is a file called att5.restore
2. backup it
3. use a text-editor at your choice to edit it

(Only) if the file att5.restore is present, you may also succeed to do it like this:
(Again, this are some commands that you only should run if you know what they do, if you understood the problem - i.e. what we need to change w/ the .restore file - and you did double check that the correct files are being modified by those commands)
Code:
$ cp att5.restore att5_bak.restore # create backup of restore file
$ printf "\x$(echo "obase=16; $(./oclHashcat64.bin --version | sed 's/\.//g')" | bc)" | dd of=att5.restore conv=notrunc
$ sed -i "s/oclHashcat-[\.0-9]*/oclHashcat-$(./oclHashcat64.bin --version)/g" att5.restore

and yes, you can use mingw to edit the files, but should afterwards run the restore command as you used to do (e.g. w/ cmd or gui), since w/ mingw you could have problems w/ key hits and/or paths (mingw uses a different path scheme e.g. /home/cygdrive/c/... )

Messages In This Thread
RE: oclHashcat v1.01 - by philsmd - 01-04-2014, 12:03 PM
RE: oclHashcat v1.01 - by radix - 01-04-2014, 12:18 PM
RE: oclHashcat v1.01 - by davejcb - 01-04-2014, 04:32 PM
RE: oclHashcat v1.01 - by epixoip - 01-05-2014, 02:32 AM
RE: oclHashcat v1.01 - by qweasd - 01-06-2014, 04:01 AM
RE: reuse restore file after oclHashcat upgrade (was oclHashcat v1.01) - by philsmd - 01-06-2014, 12:07 PM