Need Help ATI drivers ubuntu 13.10 - Quad 7990 setup
So, i have had this problem as well.. I tried installing on The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) and had the help of a super mod on here (philsmd [spent 6 hours on thsi total and finally got it working thank so much from him]) and he took me step by step on what to do but after failing so many times it didn't work, so i switched back to the distro i had before, Ubuntu 13.10. I also had the same problem when installing the normal driver, then i actually looked at what was supported and saw it was the BETA driver i needed... So don't install the normal linux driver, download the BETA version and install it (it will install with no errors, or if it does post em here). Anyways, it installed perfectly without no errors (as long as you did the following before installing it:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

then if not already install the linux-headers (linux-headers-generic) i think is its name.
then reboot and do the following: (should download the BETA driver at this point but do not install):

Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential cdbs fakeroot dh-make debhelper debconf libstdc++6 dkms libqtgui4 wget execstack libelfg0 linux-headers-generic xorg

Then:

Code:
sudo dpkg --get-selections | grep fglrx (if anything comes up, do: apt-get remove --purge fglrx*)

then reboot one more time and do the following:

Code:
cd /usr
sudo ln -svT lib /usr/lib64

Now go to the beta driver and install it:

Code:
chmod +x amd-*
./amd-*

Just install the normal way, (do not create a specfic package and do automatic) and when it is done it will say it is finished, THEN MOST IMPORTANT!!!"

Code:
aticonfig --initial -f --adapters=all    (might be adapter i don't remember)

NOW REBOOT!!
and have FUN!!!

I have it working perfectly with dual Radeon HD 7870's on Ubuntu 13.10 64-bit and ocl works perfect!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need Help ATI drivers ubuntu 13.10 - Quad 7990 setup - by 3kings - 01-18-2014, 07:31 PM