Totally lost!
Sad 
Sorry if the questions I am going to ask are actually really simple! Even after reading help pages and watching videos, I still don't get what to do with hashcat! I know someone that had lost her 6 digit password to a website and would like to "crack" it. I have downloaded Hashcat Gui and Hashcat v0.48. I have some numbers that might have been used in the password and I have converted the numbers to an MD5 hash through a generator. I suppose the mode I should use will be "Brute-force". However, I realised that none of the videos or help pages show where I should put the website link. So, I don't get how cracking of passwords are supposed to happen if there is no target!

I am also facing problem using command prompt, even after scanning, running as an administrator, when I type in CD" my location of the file for hashcat" it says that it cannot find the path specified...

I am totally new to password cracking and all the rules are really hard to comprehend... Thanks for reading this long message! Please, please enlighten me! All the websites I have seen lamented how "easy" it is to crack passwords but it is super difficult to me! I hope I can finally use hashcat!

Messages In This Thread
Totally lost! - by greenhasher - 12-03-2014, 06:05 AM
RE: Totally lost! - by epixoip - 12-03-2014, 06:15 AM
RE: Totally lost! - by greenhasher - 12-03-2014, 07:05 AM
RE: Totally lost! - by epixoip - 12-03-2014, 07:39 AM
RE: Totally lost! - by greenhasher - 12-03-2014, 01:10 PM
RE: Totally lost! - by TheDarkOne - 12-03-2014, 03:46 PM