Requested advice for hardware
If you want documentation, go back through the hardware forum and look at some of the posts from around when the 980s came out. Epixoip and others who managed to get 980s right when they were released posted a number of benchmarks and statistics. You can easily compare these to see the reason why they are recommended. The benchmarks between the 980s and 290x are very similar in terms of speed, yet the 980 draws much less power. Combine that with the fact that nVidia has better multi-hash performance and much better driver support (which I can wholeheartedly attest to), and the Maxwell series of cards are a much better choice today.

My team has always built our servers from scratch - mainly because I enjoy building and tinkering with them, and I have the ability to do it and an understanding wife who lets me put in extra time at the office to tinker with it. That said, other teams in my firm use Sagitta Systems servers and have nothing but good things to say about them. So take the time commitment and technical ability into account when you are looking at this.

Messages In This Thread
Requested advice for hardware - by robertico_rdk - 04-21-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: Requested advice for hardware - by Flomac - 04-21-2015, 07:42 PM
RE: Requested advice for hardware - by epixoip - 04-23-2015, 07:45 AM
RE: Requested advice for hardware - by Shady_Wushu - 04-23-2015, 02:47 PM
RE: Requested advice for hardware - by epixoip - 04-23-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: Requested advice for hardware - by Flomac - 04-23-2015, 09:02 PM