String generation, how did you avoid previous outputs?
(10-15-2016, 10:27 AM)atom Wrote: With hashcat it's solved like this: https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat/blob/...rkov_le.cl

If you want to verify, use --stdout and sort -u the output. The number of passwords in your output before and after sort -u will stay the same.

Sorry, I'm having trouble making sense of what is going on there, `generate_pw()` is where the password generation is happening and it's fed inputs from the markov left/right methods?

What is C_Markov...complete/combined?
What do the css and cs names mean?

I'd like to try implement a generator myself but I'm not sure how you get around providing guesses with probability/hinting until exhaustion while avoiding that guess repeating. Like an audience in a gameshow each taking a turn to guess the winning number knowing the wrong guesses before them. Hashcat is able to do this with Markov/Masks right? I'm not sure what to search for to read/discover other approaches/implementations, I've asked a few communities with no luck so far.

I was hoping you could clarify how to approach it. Thanks for your time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: String generation, how did you avoid previous outputs? - by polarathene - 10-15-2016, 11:31 AM