Hashcat won't run on large wordlist?
Hey guys. Been using hashcat for a few months now, so I know my way around the program pretty well I'd say.

Today I grabbed a really large wordlist, however it seems Hashcat won't load it which is strange because Aircrack-ng will load the entire thing and allow me to run it against my CPU.

Here's the output:

Code:
OpenCL Platform #1: NVIDIA Corporation
======================================
* Device #1: GeForce GTX 1070, 2027/8110 MB allocatable, 16MCU

OpenCL Platform #2: The pocl project
====================================
* Device #2: pthread-Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, skipped.

Generated bitmap tables...

It hangs for a long time. However, sometimes after about 15 minutes eventually I get:

Code:
Generated bitmap tables...Segmentation fault

Sometimes, and only sometimes I'll get:

Code:
Generated bitmap tables...Segmentation fault
Insufficient Memory

To clarify. I get those 3 situations at random. Sometimes it just hangs at generated bitmap tables... other times I get the seg fault and insufficient memory error or just the seg fault.

Is there a way to get this to run on Hashcat? The wordlist isn't THAT big. It's 39.8GB with 1165673667 keys. Why is it that I can't run it through hashcat but I can run through aircrack-ng?

Of course I could use aircrack-ng but I'd be looking at approximately 3 days and 10 hours @ 4,000k/sec. Hashcat could do it in a fraction of the time if I could get it to work.

Anyone got any ideas?

Messages In This Thread
Hashcat won't run on large wordlist? - by plantsandbinary - 08-23-2017, 06:19 PM