First year of medical school notes encrypted; begging for help
So my main issue with the iPad was basically a really sluggish touch screen performance with lots of lag and inaccuracies while typing. Your observation is a wise one; but, the back-up creation process on the PC didn’t have any iPad user input during the back up setup and config. Since, on my computer where I was configuring and completing the backup process through iTunes I did not select to use encryption and a password, the fact there is one, tells me it was somehow assigned, free of my input, from the demonstrably defective ipad’s device kernel. (Therefore making me somewhat lose confidence in the practicality of using dictionary-based attacks).

Basically how it works is you plug your Apple device into a computer, open the iTunes application on the computer, tell it you want to back up your connected device, and (internally) the DEVICE somehow dictates to iTunes rules regarding the backup... as the backup is being recorded and saved in iTunes and on the adjoined PC/MAC. The take home on that is, essentially, if someone were to level charges under circumstances the same as mine, at iTunes, it would be incorrect as iTunes is a sort of “dummy” just writing down what it’s told to write (the backup data). But it’s not the user accessible side of an Apple device that dictates rules of the backup (like typing in a password or even an “encrypt my backup please” checkbox).. Only the user input saying “Hey I want to encrypt and set a password on this here backup I now want made” on the PC/MAC, in iTunes, is possible. This information is then forwarded to the Apple device kernel to embed it in the rules of the backup it is therefore commanded to send back to iTunes for storage on the computer HD. I hope I wrote that out ok... but from all I can tell is that if the hardware of an iPad is malfunctioning, and this same kernel is master and commander of writing the backup properties immediately preceeding the creation of a backup, it is also likely to be malfunctioning and could assign through a glitch literally anything it wants. Since there is no rhyme or reason for having an encryption password I didn’t order, I now feel my only hope is waiting until I am an old man and can run a suffiencielty long mask free brute force to solve this mystery.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First year of medical school notes encrypted; begging for help - by OsteoMan - 05-30-2018, 05:23 AM