Resuming attack with maskprocessor?
Question 
Hello all,

I have a question regarding how to properly use maskprocessor in Windows to pipe its output to hashcat. I have a truecrypt volume I'm trying to recover a password to, and so far I've done a brute force search up to 7 characters long using a custom character set I've defined in a file called likely.hcchr. The command line for that is as follows, for an 8 character search:

Code:
Hashcat64.exe -m 6211 -a 3 -1 likely.hcchr E:\volume.tc ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1 --outfile-format=2 -o result.txt --session eightchars

However, on my old GPU this will take way too long to finish (as in my children will have died of old age by then).

So I'd like to narrow down the amount of combinations by using maskprocessor to eliminate candidates that use the same character more than 3 times. From what I understand, maskprocessor doesn't accept as input a file with a character set, so I have to type it all out, like so:

Code:
mp64.exe -1 012345678abcdefghijlmnoprstuvxABCDEFGHIJLMNOPRSTUVX!$-._ -r 4 ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

On its own it seems to work as intended. The question now is how to feed this output into hashcat, and in a way that allows me to interrupt and resume work (e.g. --session). Generating a dictionary file is out of the question as the file size would be ridiculous (over 1 petabyte).

I've tried piping the output to hashcat using this command:

Code:
mp64 -1 012345678abcdefghijlmnoprstuvxABCDEFGHIJLMNOPRSTUVX!$-._ -r 4 ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1 | Hashcat64.exe -m 6211 E:\volume.tc --outfile-format=2 -o test.txt --session testmp

But I don't think that's the right way to go as I have no idea how to resume the stdin input from where it was interrupted.

Do you have any suggestions on how I should do this?

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Resuming attack with maskprocessor? - by toasterbox - 11-03-2019, 07:03 PM