"reverse" hashcat
Question 
This is probably not hashcat specific, but the people here know the problem domain probably the best Wink

I am looking into various ways to determine password weakness - length, categories, entropy, breach-status, etc.

One thing that I'm trying to look into is measuring "crackability".

Now if we go for a bruteforce, we can estimate the length of time to crack via the solution space for the length/categories vs the the hashrate of modern GPUs..... BUT, is there an efficient way to determine if a password will be included in a crack (e.g. rockyou+onerule) without just running hashcat to see if it's cracked?
To check if password is in a wordlist without rules, you can just open that wordlist and use ctrl+f. With rules, I'd try making md4 of that password and run hashcat with that wordlist and rules. To avoid collisions use --keep-guessing.
(04-20-2021, 10:09 AM)vagantis Wrote: To check if password is in a wordlist without rules, you can just open that wordlist and use ctrl+f. With rules, I'd try making md4 of that password and run hashcat with that wordlist and rules. To avoid collisions use --keep-guessing.

yeah, I'm trying to avoid doing an actual cracking attempt. If it comes to that I can use the plaintext format (99999) to search the full rule keyspace, which I guess would be the fastest format.
"plaintext format (99999)"
Forgot that's a thing. Yeah, seems best so far.
Hi,

this should work for you:

https://github.com/UChicagoSUPERgroup/an...g-software