NVIDIA driver 525.125.06-2
Trying to replicate a working unit that boots under MBR with a new unit that boots under UEFI so I can use more than 4 GPUs.

My new system doesn't recognize any CUDA devices even though lspci shows them there and with nvidia drivers.
My old system has driver 525.125.06 installed and the new one has 525.125.06-2.  Any chance that the newest driver doesn't work with cuda/hashcat?  How do I downgrade the driver to 06 and test this. 

I followed the "How to install NVIDIA GPU" help guide in both cases.  On the first until it was about July and perfectly right away and still it works well.  Today I started over with the new build and it appears that following the steps from the guide install the newest drivers and they do not seem to work with my GPUs.  Any help would be appreciated.  Newest and fresh The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) install.

D
[Moderator note: AI/LLM generated, which is against forum rules.]

It is possible that the NVIDIA driver version 525.125.06-2 is not compatible with CUDA/Hashcat. You can try downgrading the driver to version 525.125.06 to see if that resolves the issue.

To downgrade the NVIDIA driver in The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali), follow these steps:

Open a terminal window.
Remove the current NVIDIA driver and related packages:
sudo apt remove nvidia-dkms nvidia-utils libnvidia-common
Download the NVIDIA driver version 525.125.06 from the NVIDIA website.
Install the NVIDIA driver:
sudo dpkg -i <nvidia-driver-package.run>
Reboot your system.
Once you have downgraded the NVIDIA driver, you can check to see if CUDA/Hashcat is working by running the following command:

nvidia-smi
If the output of the command shows your CUDA devices, then CUDA/Hashcat should be working.

If you are still having problems with CUDA/Hashcat, you can try the following:

Make sure that you have the latest version of CUDA installed.
(09-29-2023, 09:25 AM)marc1n Wrote: It is possible that the NVIDIA driver version 525.125.06-2 is not compatible with CUDA/Hashcat. You can try downgrading the driver to version 525.125.06 to see if that resolves the issue.

To downgrade the NVIDIA driver in The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)), follow these steps:

Open a terminal window.
Reboot your system.
Once you have downgraded the NVIDIA driver, you can check to see if CUDA/Hashcat is working by running the following command:

nvidia-smi
If the output of the command shows your CUDA devices, then CUDA/Hashcat should be working.

Thank you very much.  I'll try this when I return home.  I'll post an update either, way.  Appreciate the response, in either event.  D

Well is a no-go even from the get go.  Tried alot if things, but getting nowhere.  Here's the output from even the first step mentioned to try.  Tried a few more thing and have give up.  It would be fun to get 8-12 GPUs going in one rig, but guess I'll have to settle for 4.

.png   hashcat.png (Size: 22.26 KB / Downloads: 3)

(09-29-2023, 07:46 PM)skiutah02 Wrote:
(09-29-2023, 09:25 AM)marc1n Wrote: It is possible that the NVIDIA driver version 525.125.06-2 is not compatible with CUDA/Hashcat. You can try downgrading the driver to version 525.125.06 to see if that resolves the issue.

To downgrade the NVIDIA driver in The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali))), follow these steps:

Open a terminal window.
Reboot your system.

nvidia-smi

Thank you very much.  I'll try this when I return home.  I'll post an update either, way.  Appreciate the response, in either event.  D