Having the option of not using a word in a combinatory attack
Hello

I am trying for sveral wks to crack an old ethereum wallet (#sigh)

I have a blurred idea of what the password could be. To ease combinatory attacks and workload on my old CPU, I'd like to know if there is trick to avoir using a word from a list in a combinatory attack. 
Example

My password might be 

Alphabeta99gamma or Alphabetagamma or Alphabeta9gamma

I'd like to makee combination from two lists
Let's say on the left part I have

Alfa
Alpha
Alfabeta
Alphabeta
Alfabéta
Alphabéta

On the right I would have

"blank"

and then a third part I could add lately

So that in the end  I could have a (big) list of variation of the first part of my passsword without the second part thanks to the "blank" 

I guess  I could just pass a list  of the left part of the password but actually it's a very simple example here and my password might be 50+ characters thanks to a passphrase with different characters between words, you get the idea ? 

Thanks
See https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat-utils/releases
use:
combinator left.txt right.txt > combi.txt

resulting in combi.txt
Alfa
Alfa9
Alfa99
Alpha
Alpha9
Alpha99
Alfabeta
Alfabeta9
Alfabeta99
Alphabeta
Alphabeta9
Alphabeta99
Alfabéta
Alfabéta9
Alfabéta99
Alphabéta
Alphabéta9
Alphabéta99

this combi.txt you can use for futher combinations, have fun
thank you for your reply, I have not expressed myself well.

The trick is that my password might be a combination of 11 or 12 words, so it makes a lots of combinatory and I get lost in combining all of this, especially when I add typos and slight variations in words. I will aslo dig the prince attack stuff
that would quite huge regarding the combinations, so yeah, give princeprocessor for that a try, there are options to tell prince to use min/max words from a list
(05-28-2021, 05:55 PM)Snoopy Wrote: that would quite huge regarding the combinations, so yeah, give princeprocessor for that a try, there are options to tell prince to use min/max words from a list

how to use princeprocessor
well prince processor help is quite straight forward, in your case the needed options would be

--elem-cnt-min=NUM Minimum number of elements per chain
--elem-cnt-max=NUM Maximum number of elements per chain

so min would be 11 max 12

feed output from pp to hashcat through pipe like

pp64 --elem-cnt-min=11 --elem-cnt-max=12 yourlist.txt | hashcat with appropiate options (mode etc.)

but be aware 11 or 12 combinations from a quite huge list will result in na even more gigantic list