Hashcat Exhausted problem
I started testing some things on my own router. I managed to capture one valid handshake with the appropriate commands (
airmon-ng,airodumb etc.). I created a wordlist text file with my router password in it and aircrack-ng
 successfully found the password. Then I converted the .cap file into .hccapx with 
cap2hccapx.bin and I tried to find it with hashcat on Windows. I tried the command: hashcat.exe -m 2500 windv2.hccapx test2.txt
but hashcat couldn't find the password. It says it is exhausted but the password exists on the text file. What do you think is going wrong?
2500 is depreciated, there are newer tools available and incorporated with hashcat. Check out hcxtools for easier and more reliable captures.

Also without knowing your hashcat version, OS, and just the cmdline status screen we could be guessing at anything.
(06-06-2021, 03:15 PM)slyexe Wrote: 2500 is depreciated, there are newer tools available and incorporated with hashcat. Check out hcxtools for easier and more reliable captures.

Also without knowing your hashcat version, OS, and just the cmdline status screen we could be guessing at anything.

-m 2500 you mean is deprecated or depreciated?
hcxtools are for converting .cap to hccapx?
I use Hashcat 6.2.1 version with windows 10.

Attached Files
.png   Capture.PNG (Size: 20.9 KB / Downloads: 8)
(06-06-2021, 04:02 PM)kbadjooo Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 03:15 PM)slyexe Wrote: 2500 is depreciated, there are newer tools available and incorporated with hashcat. Check out hcxtools for easier and more reliable captures.

-m 2500 you mean is deprecated or depreciated?
hcxtools are for converting .cap to hccapx?
I use Hashcat 6.2.1 version with windows 10.

see this thread, it involves a new attack vector without needind ng-dump or wlan sniffing in such way, that no other client has to be connected to the wifi

https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-7717.html

so the new preferred method would be mode 16800, so 2500 is considered to be DEPRECATED

P.S. your screenshots states that hahscat found 78/608 passwords so just check the potfile for the found pw