Hash $pkzip$1 not supported
(07-19-2021, 07:34 PM)Snoopy Wrote: i think you have to use JtR for this particular file/hash

it is really important to be able to find the password for this file.
Is there anyone who thinks it is possible to use hashcat anyway?

I can't use the processor with jtr because it would take too long.
the provided hash by zip2john is incompatible with hashcat, so as long as there is no "update" to hashcat to be capable of using this type of hash, there is no other possibility than using JtR

i done some fast runs with JtR and rockyou (ry), ry + best64, dive and my own wordlist (but these are mostly german words) with no success

if the password is pure random there will be no other possibility than using bruteforce and JtR, did a fast try just with lower upper digits and length of 8, ETA ~2 years with a double xenon CPU, so even when thinking with/in stochastics it would take at least 1 year (without the special chars you mentioned)

so this particular file seems to be safed from cracking
(07-20-2021, 02:48 PM)Snoopy Wrote: the provided hash by zip2john is incompatible with hashcat, so as long as there is no "update" to hashcat to be capable of using this type of hash, there is no other possibility than using JtR

i done some fast runs with JtR and rockyou (ry), ry + best64, dive and my own wordlist (but these are mostly german words) with no success

if the password is pure random there will be no other possibility than using bruteforce and JtR, did a fast try just with lower upper digits and length of 8, ETA ~2 years with a double xenon CPU, so even when thinking with/in stochastics it would take at least 1 year (without the special chars you mentioned)

so this particular file seems to be safed from cracking

Thank you, you have been very kind!

All clear, until a possible update I will let it go.