Problem with HD7970 and PCI -Extenders
Hello guys, i´m a older user of hashcat but i only registered today, that´s my first time having problems and i really need help to solve my problem

I have a small cluster with 5 computers and i was using 5970, 6990, 6950, 6970 mixed gpu´s etc .. and all is working fine with this settings, i´m using riser cables with good quality on them and no problem ....

My problem is.... ATI released the HD7970 series and i saw the tests from Atom and the speed of this new graphic cards and decided to sell all my old cards in order to buy new ones so i could improve my speed .... i bought 7 units Asus direct CU II and 2 Units Shaphire stock cards Hd7970... so i started my nightmare .... i lost 1 week trying to solve the problem, installing drivers, windows, ulps, etc etc ... i never suspected the extenders, stupid me... then i decided to use the cards directly on motherboard and the problems dissapeared, so the problem is on extenders... so many hours lost eheheheh just to find this .... so now i have a big problem, i have invested so much money on cards and can´t use them all in the motherboard i must find a way to use the extenders on my motherboards .... somehow hd7970 don´t like extender/riser cables so my question is ... is anyone here using hd7970 with extenders that could help me ?? Is there any way i can make some kind of modification on my computers in order to make it working ??

Many tks in advance and happy bruteforce
I use 4x hd7970 and working great Wink comuter is running 2 months and don't stop it yet.. Wink
But .... are u using extenders ??? My problem is my hd7970 won´t work with the extenders/Risers as soon as i start calculation computer crashes with black screen i have to hard reset the computer... also with drivers are u using ??? RC11 ?? 12.2 ?? 12.3 ?? New beta 12.4 ??
12.2 , mhm black screen, I was something like that.. Do you supply enough of power? and do you have good cooling?
yes i supply enought power... i was testing with 2 ASUS DIRECT CU II with CHIEFTECH 1000W PSU , for cooling u can check that model from asus and u can see that it has the most powerfull air cooling u can see ..... i also tested 12.2 Sad i tested all versions but will give another try, althought i think that the problem is in another place ...
mhm i have had 1 PSu 1,5 KW but burned ;/ now I use 2x660W and 800W .. mhm sorry but i don't have idea..;/
change the motherboard. Smile i got the same problem with black screen on Gigabyte motherboard.After i change it works perfect.
I´m testing in 2 types of motherboards, firts msi gd-80 with athlon processor, second asus motherboard with intel i5 processor ... same results ... when using risers, i start hashcat and computer goes black ... Sad Sad
1st option:
Try to install win7 professional 32 bit and fresh driver for the GPU version from the manufacturer 32 bit after install all motherboard drivers and tell if work i also changed to 32 bit for some PC`s

Second option : Jumpering

[Image: pcie-short-schematic.png]
[Image: ofpk5j.jpg]

[Image: dscn7389v.jpg]

I hope this helps Big Grin
What is this jumpering about?