is a 'catchall' mask possible?
Good evening,

Thanks for the additional suggestions. I've taken your guidance and generated a two and three word dict and am currently combing those two files with the special character dict. This will give me both a two word with special char and a three word special char version. The files are indeed huge but I have a 500 Tb parallel filesystem attached to this server so space is unlikely to be an issue. After these files are generated I'll run the following and see how it goes:

Code:
./hashcat -m 14800 hash.txt -a 0 -S -o cracked.txt -r upper_case.rule two_words_spch.txt

And since I actually have another server just like the one previously described I'll run the following there:

Code:
./hashcat -m 14800 hash.txt -a 0 -S -o cracked.txt -r upper_case.rule three_words_spch.txt

Hopefully one of those runs will yield something useful. I'll admit I'm losing faith since I'm really just guessing what she might have used for a passwd based on past and current habits. Given my age the 566 years to do a brute force mode will end LONG after I'm gone.

Thanks again for your help. This has given me a whole new appreciation for remembering your passwords. Not to mention the amount of effort that goes into cracking them.