hashcat "not enough allocatable device memory for this attack"
Rainbow 
Hello,

For the first, sorry for the question, i didn't find any solution with google or the search..

"
c:\Users\naouress\Downloads\hashcat-6.2.5\hashcat-6.2.5>hashcat.exe -a 0 -m 0 -o
hashoutput.txt hashes.txt rockyou.txt
hashcat (v6.2.5) starting

OpenCL API (OpenCL 1.2 ) - Platform #1 [Intel(R) Corporation]
=============================================================
* Device #1: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400, 672/1425 MB (178 MB allocatable), 20MCU
* Device #2: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, skipped

Minimum password length supported by kernel: 0
Maximum password length supported by kernel: 256

Hashes: 1 digests; 1 unique digests, 1 unique salts
Bitmaps: 16 bits, 65536 entries, 0x0000ffff mask, 262144 bytes, 5/13 rotates
Rules: 1

Optimizers applied:
* Zero-Byte
* Early-Skip
* Not-Salted
* Not-Iterated
* Single-Hash
* Single-Salt
* Raw-Hash

ATTENTION! Pure (unoptimized) backend kernels selected.
Pure kernels can crack longer passwords, but drastically reduce performance.
If you want to switch to optimized kernels, append -O to your commandline.
See the above message to find out about the exact limits.

Watchdog: Hardware monitoring interface not found on your system.
Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger disabled.

* Device #1: Not enough allocatable device memory for this attack.

"

That's my problem.. I don't want to broke my laptop, but I want to try.. I don't know why the device 2 is skipped... and For the temperature i want to put a minimum..

So please do you have an idea? How can I solve it?

Thank you so much!

Attached Files
.png   Sans titre.png (Size: 66.33 KB / Downloads: 9)
An old limitation of OpenCL is that it can only allocate 1/4 of the total RAM in a single chunk, so as you can see, it says "178 MB allocatable" next to your "HD Graphics" device, which isn't really enough for Hashcat. Try again with the "-D 1" flag to force it to use your CPU instead, which should use your RAM instead of just the ~1.5GB your laptop's given to the iGPU.
(02-12-2022, 03:09 AM)penguinkeeper Wrote: An old limitation of OpenCL is that it can only allocate 1/4 of the total RAM in a single chunk, so as you can see, it says "178 MB allocatable" next to your "HD Graphics" device, which isn't really enough for Hashcat. Try again with the "-D 1" flag to force it to use your CPU instead, which should use your RAM instead of just the ~1.5GB your laptop's given to the iGPU.

Hello Penguinkeeper; I understand know why, i know that my laptop is not the best one to use Hashcat. But thank you os much because it workds!!! Thank you!!  I have another simple question.. Do you think that's easy to change the HD graiphics with another one more performant? Or better to change de computer directly? Thank you again really Smile!!!
(02-14-2022, 12:42 PM)chadou Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 03:09 AM)penguinkeeper Wrote: An old limitation of OpenCL is that it can only allocate 1/4 of the total RAM in a single chunk, so as you can see, it says "178 MB allocatable" next to your "HD Graphics" device, which isn't really enough for Hashcat. Try again with the "-D 1" flag to force it to use your CPU instead, which should use your RAM instead of just the ~1.5GB your laptop's given to the iGPU.

Hello Penguinkeeper; I understand know why, i know that my laptop is not the best one to use Hashcat. But thank you os much because it workds!!! Thank you!!  I have another simple question.. Do you think that's easy to change the HD graiphics with another one more performant? Or better to change de computer directly? Thank you again really Smile!!!

with most consumer laptops (maybe possible with gaming laptops like ROG or Alienware) it is impossible to change hardware like GPU because it is soldered directly to the motherboard, so yeah, change your computer will be the most applicable option
@chadou
You can try to use previous versions of Hashcat, not the latest.
Please see https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-10548.html