Not enough allocatable device memory for this attack
Hi,
I just wanted to decode the one password, just comparing one decoded password with password to crack (not the brutal force), and I get the below output (attachments)

What can I do? Its just one easy comparing, the files are almost empty as I said, just one string in hashes.txt and passwordtocrack.txt as well. Process takes a long time and never ends.
Thanks

Attached Files
.png   1.PNG (Size: 161.49 KB / Downloads: 10)
.png   2.PNG (Size: 201.64 KB / Downloads: 8)
(05-26-2022, 12:24 PM)Clay Wrote: Hi,
I just wanted to decode the one password, just comparing one decoded password with password to crack (not the brutal force), and I get the below output (attachments)

What can I do? Its just one easy comparing, the files are almost empty as I said, just one string in hashes.txt and passwordtocrack.txt as well. Process takes a long time and never ends.
Thanks

your commandline is wrong, please remove the spaces between -O and the -o, also remove the -o

try

Code:
hashcat -a0 -m1800 -O hashes.txt passwordtocrack.txt

(if you look closely, hashcat things you want to supply the passwords by stdin/pipe mode)

next thing, if you are on linux anyway, try this
Code:
mkpasswd -m sha512crypt 1234
and you get this 
Code:
$6$cfgd3GmvI9XaIXQq$Bd0UUdPiNU4Hy0vw7Yqnsy6m0zyp4ZkHMsOX1Zkd5MLKDV5VqMs/aeTdLS2f/MSiz7Tv5JoVKTqlsf2kWTWPb0

so just 

Code:
mkpasswd -m sha512crypt yourpass -S 52450745

the salt you need is right after the $6$saltvalue$*** (salt taken from your screenshot)