hashcat 6.2.5 on win 11
Hi, I've been trying to run hashcat on my windows11 laptop
with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650, driver version 516.01, and CUDA toolkit installed.
I have been facing few issues an I am not able to figure out why these issues are happening and how to solve it:
1. I have been getting an error `nvmlDeviceGetFanSpeed(): Not Supported` everytime I run hashcat.
2. Few times got an error `NvAPI_GPU_GetPerfPoliciesStatus(): NVAPI_GPU_NOT_POWERED`.
3. Not able to crack even simple hashes of following types(mostly from tryhackme) -Blowfish (unix), MD4 and SHA1 are few that i tested and not worked.
4. Rest some which I tried from hashcat website and other sites have worked.
5. -D 1 gives me error of `no devices`
And its using Device#3 all the time. And sometimes no output and just stops by itself and sometimes its getting high temperature error.

I have gone through a lot of forums and articles online but I am not able to get hashcat work properly. Any help/suggestions will be of great use, since I am just in my learning phase. Thanks In Advance
first: repeat after me: laptops are not for cracking

1. integrated gpu doenst seem to have a "proper" fanspeed control, so this just tells you, hashcat can not get and/or change fanspeed, a latop problem

2.NVAPI_GPU_NOT_POWERED, doenst know this error but it sounds like another laptop problem, due to energy savings, most "graphics" work like showing windows is done by the integrated gpu and your dedicated gpu isnt "powered"/shut down because this would consume to much energy

3/4. i bet on wrong driver and or to old opencl (1.2), please show output of hashcat -I, but when example hashes works, simple hashes should also work...

5. -D1 CPU needs explicit drivers, opencl for cpu from intel (amd cpu too)

high temp, yes your laptop cant cool your gpu enough, maybe some "real" gaming laptops have a good cooling solution but no consumer laptop, so your laptop is just getting to hot and to prevent damage to your hardware hashcat stops (this can be circumvented, but dont blame hashcat when your gpu/laptop dies)

repeat after me: laptops are not for cracking