How to enables special charaters
When I press status, there's only ever letters, capitals, and numbers being tried.
(08-23-2022, 01:29 AM)Xii-Nyth Wrote: When I press status, there's only ever letters, capitals, and numbers being tried.

alternatively, how can I make a charset only using =-09876\][poiuy, as well as a space?
take a look at custom charsets and/or maskfiles

with maskfile it would be simple like that

maskfile
Code:
= -09876\][poiuy,?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

use with --increment, the space is between = and -
(08-23-2022, 10:19 AM)Snoopy Wrote: take a look at custom charsets and/or maskfiles

with maskfile it would be simple like that

maskfile
Code:
= -09876\][poiuy,?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

use with --increment, the space is between = and -

My apologies, why would --increment be needed if there is only one mask?
It wouldn't be necessary but if you are unsure of your password length you can use increment to test all lengths based on your mask length. 

For example

hashcat -m 0 -i -1 =-09876\][poiuy hash.txt ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

would try all mask length from 1-10 rather then just a single attack vrs 10 characters.
(08-25-2022, 03:58 AM)slyexe Wrote: It wouldn't be necessary but if you are unsure of your password length you can use increment to test all lengths based on your mask length. 

For example

would try all mask length from 1-10 rather then just a single attack vrs 10 characters.

Oh thanks!

Well It seems that the password isnt anything I couldve possibly type, so its probably corrupted and there is no telling how long it could be. Ended up just recovering the files though luckily.

This should be useful though when I get a zip with a password and whoever made it typed it in wrong. Thanks for helping me out! Way better than stack exchange
(08-25-2022, 06:16 AM)Xii-Nyth Wrote:
(08-25-2022, 03:58 AM)slyexe Wrote: It wouldn't be necessary but if you are unsure of your password length you can use increment to test all lengths based on your mask length. 

For example

Oh thanks!

Well It seems that the password isnt anything I couldve possibly type, so its probably corrupted and there is no telling how long it could be. Ended up just recovering the files though luckily.

This should be useful though when I get a zip with a password and whoever made it typed it in wrong. Thanks for helping me out! Way better than stack exchange

did you get an $HEX[*****] output? this is the way hashcat encodes some special chars like : because these are used inside hashcat for special purposes, you will need to convert the output with an hexconverter to get your plain-passwort