No devices found/left AMD + Linux
Sad 
Code:
hipInit(): 101

No devices found/left.

This error appears when trying to execute any hashcat cracking command.
hashcat -I reports the same error and doesn't provide any information.

The clinfo command reports this info:

Code:
Number of platforms                              1
  Platform Name                                  AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
  Platform Vendor                                Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
  Platform Version                                OpenCL 2.1 AMD-APP (3513.0)
  Platform Profile                                FULL_PROFILE
  Platform Extensions                            cl_khr_icd cl_amd_event_callback
  Platform Extensions function suffix            AMD
  Platform Host timer resolution                  1ns

Platform Name                                  AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
Number of devices                                0

NULL platform behavior
  clGetPlatformInfo(NULL, CL_PLATFORM_NAME, ...)  No platform
  clGetDeviceIDs(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL, ...)  No platform
  clCreateContext(NULL, ...) [default]            No platform
  clCreateContext(NULL, ...) [other]             
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_DEFAULT)  No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU)  No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU)  No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ACCELERATOR)  No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CUSTOM)  No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL)  No devices found in platform

I have installed the latest AMDGPU version with the additional --usecase=rocm (even the SDKs), which in the new ROCm guides seems to be the correct way to install it, and I get that "Not found" error.
I've followed the "Wrong driver" guide with all the steps, even trying the xorg.conf thing even though it's already obsolete

OS: Ubuntu 22.04.1 (which is pretty new and didn't have support for ROCm until recently)
Hashcat: v6.2.6
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580
Using previous Hashcat versions (6.0.0) I instead get this one:
Code:
clGetDeviceIDs(): CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND

clGetDeviceIDs(): CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND
After adding drivers also for the CPU, I could get Hashcat to display some info with hashcat -I about the GPU:
Code:
OpenCL Platform ID #2
  Vendor..: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
  Name....: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
  Version.: OpenCL 2.1 AMD-APP (3513.0)

However, I'm still stuck here and had no luck getting it to work
I have somewhat of a similar issue with my RX 580's. I'm on Ubuntu 20.04 however. Wasn't sure 22.04 was going to be too new. Hopefully, we'll get an answer.
Opened a Github issue:
https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat/issues/3550
Pretty sure there is a huge post by one of the admins regarding AMD OpenCL being completely broken as well as HIP and anything relating to AMD. It's nothing related to hashcat and strictly an issue with AMD. I'll have a glance thru the forum and see if I can find it...but it has been some time!
Yep, that is what I was thinking of. When writing the issue in Github and taking a deeper look it seems that not even clinfo is able to detect OpenCL, only the platform for it. Probably a bug with the drivers that will need a fix. However, I'm not able to test that as the only version available on my distribution is the latest, maybe @TyrranicalOtter can test it.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get the drivers to work and correctly install OpenCL. However, I somehow managed to get HIP to work making a mix of drivers but also gave me an error. I reported it in Github and it is solved in the Github's main branch version (I couldn't test it because I uninstalled one of the drivers and destroyed the whole thing).
Probably will need to wait for a driver's update or someone that gets it to work
(03-09-2023, 11:17 AM)pightfoot6 Wrote:
(12-28-2022, 10:52 AM)whit3f0x Wrote: Unfortunately, I couldn't get the drivers to work and correctly install OpenCL. However, I somehow managed to get HIP to work making a mix of drivers but also gave me an error. I reported it in Github and it is solved in the Github's main branch version (I couldn't test it because I uninstalled one of the drivers and destroyed the whole thing).
Probably will need to wait for a driver's update or someone that gets it to work cookie clicker

Oh the problem you're having is the same problem I was looking for. I've run out of ways to get the driver working again.

i think HIP is broken on windows too, but you could give a plain win10 with recent amd drivers at try
Tried again after some time, and in this ROCm update I got new progress. If you install the latest ROCm (Don't forget to include your user in render group), I get a segfault from hashcat lmao