Another Motherboard thread.
Everyone seems to hate on the mining motherboards and rightfully so with their poor power distribution, limited ram and CPU ability. But with the major players now out of business, without using risers are there any actual good multi PCI motherboards out there to use. it seems like the max density is about 2 with current gen cards taking up 2-3 slots. The market (GPU market) is in going downhill and prices should soon reflect that so I would like to build a newer upgraded rig, or possibly just start tacking on newer gen cards to a new motherboard that can support a good expansion of cards (8+). If you know of any please post.
The best boards for such work are server boards and such are the best to look for.
Example? I have looked at server and workstation boards, they fit the ram and cpu requirement but still require risers.
Let me pose this another way, lets say I picked up a first gen (x99) threadripper with a 1950x 16 core 32 threads, put all the ram in it, but the board only has 4 PCI slots, the cpu can support a lot more lanes (not sure what the actual saturation rate for hashcat is) Is it acceptable to run one or more "splitter" cards to increase GPU density on the system.

Same question goes for an epic or intel server chassis with limited PCI card slots but lots of lanes and ram.