Search by part of the hash
Hi guys, I'm new, and therefore there are questions. Could you tell please, does the hashcat work with numbers (not text)? I need to pick up a cryptokey, this is a 72-digit hexadecimal number, there is a certain range of numbers, the starting number and a clear step that I need to look in in the range (each number 1++ of the range is not necessary, just with step++). Function is 2-tume SHA256. I know the part of the hash, the first 16 digits are known to me.
Could you tell please, is it possible to do this on a cat?
Hash certain numbers with a certain step and check only part of the hash (not all digits) for coincidence?
Sorry if the questions are stupid, I just found the program yesterday, I used to try to write at Python, it works very slowly
This cannot be done on a hashcat.
short answer no, hashcat cant search for partial hashes

next. hashcat can of course use numbers as input, but i dont get your point with 72 digit hexnumber, you mean 72 hex-chars? sha256 produces a hash of length 64
Thanks for answers, 
(02-26-2023, 10:31 AM)Snoopy Wrote: short answer no, hashcat cant search for partial hashes

next. hashcat can of course use numbers as input, but i dont get your point with 72 digit hexnumber, you mean 72 hex-chars? sha256 produces a hash of length 64

Yes, I mean 72 hex-chars as input, and 64 chars length out, sorry for my English