combinator with two wordlists and appending two digits
Hi, I want to crack a password with the format of wordlist1 + wordlist2 + 2 digit number. 

I am currently trying to use this code: 
combinator wordlist1.txt wordlist2.txt ?d?d | hashcat -m 0 hash.txt

The code runs, but it keeps saying Status: Exhausted. I know this means that it couldn't find a password with the given wordlists, but I checked them both and I am pretty sure that they both don't have any words missing from them. 

I was wondering if there was a problem with my code that would cause this, or if anyone knew a different way to crack the password that would work better. Thank you in advance, I appreciate the help!
(04-02-2023, 01:53 AM)yasmeenatout Wrote: Hi, I want to crack a password with the format of wordlist1 + wordlist2 + 2 digit number. 

I am currently trying to use this code: 

The code runs, but it keeps saying Status: Exhausted. I know this means that it couldn't find a password with the given wordlists, but I checked them both and I am pretty sure that they both don't have any words missing from them. 

I was wondering if there was a problem with my code that would cause this, or if anyone knew a different way to crack the password that would work better. Thank you in advance, I appreciate the help!

Can you use masks with combinator? I don't think you can.
If you run combinator wordlist1.txt wordlist2.txt ?d?d without piping it into hashcat, will it the output the candidates formatted per your request?
Instead of

Code:

you do:

Code:
combinator wordlist1.txt wordlist2.txt | hashcat -m 0 hash.txt -r rules/hybrid/append_d.rule -r rules/hybrid/append_d.rule

And it's actually efficient use of hashcat, because the stacked rules will act as amplifier. You can also do three to increase it even more, or use a ruleset with more characters. Just see what's inside rules/hybrid