md5 wordlist and md5 wordlist+mask 1000 times difference
Could someone explein me how is this and why happening

When i am running wordlist attack
-m 0 -a 0 1.hash 2.pass

I am getting 15 000 KH\s Speed

When running 
-m 0 -a 7 ?a?a?a?a i am getting 15 000 MH\s SPEED! Which is 1000 times higher

Is this because of hashcat is easier to generate and bruteforce passwords from arguments like ?a?a?a?a, than brruteforcing straught txt ?

Do I understand correctly , help me with advice please

If I am willing to bruteforce some words, and add all possible 4 symbols in the end of the password, i MUST use attack mode 7 , and add ?a?a?a?a, and I MUST NOT generate wordlist by myself, where will be passwords of all possible combinatoins with 4 symbols, becauase for hashcat generating these symbols is easiser and perfomance faster, comparing with common wordlist bruteforce ?
But as for bcrypt method, th e situation is another

When i am trying bruteforce $2a$10 bcrypt i have 2000 h\s on common -a 0 wordlist attack

But when I am using smaller wordlist + mask for combinations, I am not getting the same effect as on MD5 , it remains 1800-1900H\s

I would really appreciate anyone who could advise optimal way for bcrpyt 10 round attack
One of them supplies the GPUs with more-efficient "work" to do.

Shipping the wordlist to the GPUs has latency.

Executing mask attacks happens directly on GPU, and is not affected by that latency.
~
(08-06-2023, 08:15 PM)royce Wrote: One of them supplies the GPUs with more-efficient "work" to do.

Executing mask attacks happens directly on GPU, and is not affected by that latency.

do you know if I could somehow increase amount of Vec:1 , orr it makes no sence?
While trying to use -vector(i do not remember full) command I am getting error that it is outdated
(08-06-2023, 08:15 PM)royce Wrote: One of them supplies the GPUs with more-efficient "work" to do.

And this is how it works for md5, but for bcrypt, which is actually slow method itself, it does not help, do I understand it correctly sir?