oclHashcat-plus v0.09 poll
- skip those that don't. plenty of neighbors to exploit
- true but 8/10 it is enabled and is enabled by default
- get high gain antenna

don't mean to go off topic but personally i've cracked more wpa using reaver than i ever did with hashcat + 8xhd5970. most of the wpa passwords (after it was cracked with reaver) showed that they were longer than 15 or a mix of a-z, A-Z, 0-9.
(05-24-2012, 08:23 AM)forumhero Wrote: - skip those that don't. plenty of neighbors to exploit
- get high gain antenna

don't mean to go off topic but personally i've cracked more wpa using reaver than i ever did with hashcat + 8xhd5970. most of the wpa passwords (after it was cracked with reaver) showed that they were longer than 15 or a mix of a-z, A-Z, 0-9.

Hashcat and the hashcat website is not a hacking / cracking forum or tool. The users here simply use hashcat to learn and show people the potential exploits that may threaten their security.

You are correct that Reaver is a great tool to demonstrate this but as Mem5 says not all routers have this exploit.
don't get me wrong i'm here for the same reasons you are. we already know what wpa is exploitable, so asking for >15 char is beyond "learning the tool" in my opinon. perhaps i'm shortsighted and not seeing the big picture but i don't see a need for >15 char if you're just learning.
(05-24-2012, 03:54 PM)forumhero Wrote: perhaps i'm shortsighted and not seeing the big picture but i don't see a need for >15 char if you're just learning.

People will learn that there are many common passwords and pass phrases that are widely known which are indeed longer than 15 characters.

Keyboard patterns are a particular interest in this area...

1q2w3e4r5t6y7u8i9o0p etc...
(05-24-2012, 08:23 AM)forumhero Wrote: - skip those that don't. plenty of neighbors to exploit
- get high gain antenna

wow using reaver can crack / show password more than 15 with 8 x hd 5970 wow