Multibit Mode 22500 - Only for Multibit or are others possible,,?
Photo 
So Multibit .key uses AES-256-CBC encryption primarily

Strongcoin is a large btc wallet website with 130,000+ users
(less than Multibits 1,400,000 downloads but was still popular)

Strongcoin uses AES-256-CBC also to encrypt its wallets, 
Both have that prefix U2Fsd 
(Strongcoin ones are suffixed with a '=' which multibit is not tho if thats of note)

Using -m 22500 the mode built for Multibit Classic .key files, I think it should in theory be able to solve Strongcoin lost passphrases. I am just looking for some more information in regards to this, here are my findings so far:

If we look at this site talking about Strongcoin and their encryption:

https://cryptoassetrecovery.com/posts/re...let-backup

We will use the example hash they provide here for demonstration with the passphrase OpenSesame

Quote:U2FsdGVkX1+m4PKpcBfkuRmmklQ5nA2
WFq17zKEfJndwrvSb6Hb5ACsVgkw4J+wc
vaiFfwQ9AaQaFTa6dUx51gMuCv+Rtz2
iycvZWYP0Rrw=

Multibit2john accepts this and makes the hash:

Quote:$multibit$1*a6e0f2a97017e4b9*19a69254399c0d9616ad7bcca11f267770aef49be876f9002b15824c3827ec1c

which when ran with the command in the mode -m 22500

hashcat -m 22500 -a 0 strongcoinhash.txt OpenSesame.txt -w 4 -O --hwmon-disable --force

with strongcoinhash.txt as the $multibit$1 hash and pw.txt containing 'OpenSesame'

.png   hashcat.png (Size: 37.49 KB / Downloads: 2)

It does not find the correct password when provided

If the two encryption methods are the same why would hashcat not solve this? 

Maybe there is a different mode I can try the AES-256-CBC encrypted hash in that anyone knows? 

Just looking to learn more about this and hashcat in general as im still fairly new to it, so any helpful replies are welcomed Smile
Since the Strongcoin suffix with a '=' then ive read its most likely a md5 encryption, which multibit.key dont have, I wonder if this is the reason hashcat cant solve these and if theres a straight forward solution, Sorry for double post wouldnt let me edit my thread and I thought this info was relevant