Processing multiple files with hashes
Is it possible to run fully automatic sequential processing of multiple files with hashes? 
Like hashcat -m 16300 hash1.txt->hash200.txt passwords.txt

previous Thread: https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-11981.html
Using windows or Linux? Can easily create a batch file in windows or any scripting language you're familiar with linux.
(05-28-2024, 02:56 AM)slyexe Wrote: Using windows or Linux? Can easily create a batch file in windows or any scripting language you're familiar with linux.

Thanks for your reply.
OK. That is, only by external means (additional batch script)? Is there no such functionality inside the Hashcat? Is there a recommended script code (Windows or Linux)?
(05-28-2024, 09:23 AM)tao Wrote:
(05-28-2024, 02:56 AM)slyexe Wrote: Using windows or Linux? Can easily create a batch file in windows or any scripting language you're familiar with linux.

Thanks for your reply.
OK. That is, only by external means (additional batch script)? Is there no such functionality inside the Hashcat? Is there a recommended script code (Windows or Linux)?

Heres one for Linux I use,

vim batcher.sh
Insert
Code:
#!/bin/bash
hashcat -m 0 -a 0 hash password -w 4 -O
hashcat -m 0 -a 0 hash1 password -w 4 -O
hashcat -m 0 -a 0 hash2 password -w 4 -O
hashcat -m 0 -a 0 hash3 password -w 4 -O
Esc
:x
chmod +x batcher.sh
./batcher.sh
Thanks for your reply.
(05-28-2024, 09:41 AM)CmdFlaz Wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

vim batcher.sh
Insert
Code:
#!/bin/bash
Esc
chmod +x batcher.sh
./batcher.sh

eh, this is very slow... while at each launch all checks and tests will pass, the file with passwords will be processed and work will finally begin... this increases the processing time several times.
maybe not sequentially? Is there a way to run multiple copies of the program in parallel with different hash files?
(05-30-2024, 02:48 PM)tao Wrote: maybe not sequentially? Is there a way to run multiple copies of the program in parallel with different hash files?

I dont understand why this would make sense to do even be doing. Add some context to why you need to do this, and you may be shocked by how simple life can become..

As i understand your topic, you want to run the same mode, but with different hashes? add them all in the same file.? You can setup enviroments where you can cluster multiple gpu to target the same hashes, or different hashes and modes.
(06-03-2024, 07:16 AM)protonking Wrote: As i understand your topic, you want to run the same mode, but with different hashes? add them all in the same file.? You can setup enviroments where you can cluster multiple gpu to target the same hashes, or different hashes and modes.

Right. I need to check many (thousands) of hashes with the same password dictionary.
I could probably make a dozen containers in the proxmox and run dozen hashcat on the same gpu. But again, we are talking about thousands of hashes. In this case, any manual work becomes meaningless.
(05-29-2024, 08:15 PM)tao Wrote:
(05-28-2024, 09:41 AM)CmdFlaz Wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

vim batcher.sh
Insert
Code:
#!/bin/bash
Esc
chmod +x batcher.sh
./batcher.sh

eh, this is very slow... while at each launch all checks and tests will pass, the file with passwords will be processed and work will finally begin... this increases the processing time several times.

Have you tried adding -S instead of -O that makes a difference sometimes depending on hash/size of rule/wordlist