Limiting the consecutive occurrence
(06-02-2012, 06:49 PM)undeath Wrote: you guys seriously need some math courses.

I don't doubt that for a minute, for me at least. Big Grin M@LIK and Pixel seem to know what they are doing more than I.

The potential weakness that Pixel noticed was that there was a duplicate of at least one character within the password. We had 3 known keys and they all had this characteristic.

I admit it was a huge leap of faith to assume all SKY keys would have this but we are just playing with it and trying to compile a "quick check" password list.

We may find out that this weakness may be applicable to routers manufactured within a certain time period. In which case Pixel has indeed found a weakness !!!
over 70GB then there is something missed out Hash-IT. Try the regex fillter on smaller charset. You will see how much it can save. Roughly 25-30% file size
(06-03-2012, 12:56 AM)ntk Wrote: over 70GB then there is something missed out Hash-IT. Try the regex fillter on smaller charset. You will see how much it can save. Roughly 25-30% file size

This was just a "lite" filtering. I have just finished doing the second pass to see what I could get it down to, which is now 56.8GB.

This was done by filtering to 1 unique sequential character. However as Pixel proved this is a step to far with filtering.

I wish we didn't have to store these lists and could filter on the fly with GPU.

Hang on a second !!!!!

I have just had an idea !! We only need to generate 1 set of characters !

If this is right it will save a lot of time and space. All we are trying to achieve here is the sequence of characters not necessarily the characters themselves. Bear with me ....

Once we have .."A" in the sequence we need (no more than 1 sequential instance etc) all we have to do is use the rules to swap the characters about by using the substitution rule to make all the other patterns on the fly whilst cracking !

I think we just need the rules to move up 1 character (rather like the Ceaser cipher). So A will become B and C will be D etc.

All you need to do is think of the generated letters in the group of "A" as a pattern or rule file and not as the actual passwords.

Thoughts anyone ?
you are very correct Hash-IT. It is the pattern of the sequence what you are interested in. Not the content.
crunch 8 8 abcdef | "filter" would give similar result as
crunch 8 8 zbcdef | "filter" but the all the 'a' is swapped with the 'z'
(06-03-2012, 01:07 PM)ntk Wrote: you are very correct Hash-IT. It is the pattern of the sequence what you are interested in. Not the content.
crunch 8 8 abcdef | "filter" would give similar result as
crunch 8 8 zbcdef | "filter" but the all the 'a' is swapped with the 'z'

Yes I think that is it, thanks for the confirmation.

So chaps, M@LIK, Pixel and of course ntk, that's all we need to do !! I assume you can each generate your own "primary pattern" and there is no need to share them between ourselves ? If any of you need help post here and I will do what I can.

Good grief this will save a massive amount of disk space !

Sooo.... the next step is to make our substitution rule file, I think it will be simple enough so I will try to do it on my own for us all if you like. I would appreciate it if you would all give it a look over to make sure I have worked it out correctly. Not you though M@LIK, you have revising to do for your exams !!! Big Grin

Give me some time and I will post it here....probably ! Smile
you would create the ' abcd_8 then use this
rrep 'a' 'z' abcd_8

it's blazing quick even for 15GB file size, on 1.86GHz machine
k@k-DIXONSXP:~/dict$ time rrep 'd' 'z' abcd_8
abcd_8: Pattern replaced

real 0m0.133s
user 0m0.120s
sys 0m0.000s

tried many ways. more complex, but hard to beat that clean, simple way. If only generating by sed/grep filter and the wee calculation procedures were that quick, nothing could stand you.
Here you go, this should be the rule that sorts it all out and saves us all that disk space !!!

Code:
######
sAB
sBC
sCD
sDE
sEF
sFG
sGH
sHI
sIJ
sJK
sKL
sLM
sMN
sNO
sOP
sPQ
sQR
sRS
sST
sTU
sUV
sVW
sWX
sXY
sYZ
sZA
######
sAC
sBD
sCE
sDF
sEG
sFH
sGI
sHJ
sIK
sJL
sKM
sLN
sMO
sNP
sOQ
sPR
sQS
sRT
sSU
sTV
sUW
sVX
sWY
sXZ
sYA
sZB
######
sAD
sBE
sCF
sDG
sEH
sFI
sGJ
sHK
sIL
sJM
sKN
sLO
sMP
sNQ
sOR
sPS
sQT
sRU
sSV
sTW
sUX
sVY
sWZ
sXA
sYB
sZC
######
sAE
sBF
sCG
sDH
sEI
sFJ
sGK
sHL
sIM
sJN
sKO
sLP
sMQ
sNR
sOS
sPT
sQU
sRV
sSW
sTX
sUY
sVZ
sWA
sXB
sYC
sZD
######
sAF
sBG
sCH
sDI
sEJ
sFK
sGL
sHM
sIN
sJO
sKP
sLQ
sMR
sNS
sOT
sPU
sQV
sRW
sSX
sTY
sUZ
sVA
sWB
sXC
sYD
sZE
######
sAG
sBH
sCI
sDJ
sEK
sFL
sGM
sHN
sIO
sJP
sKQ
sLR
sMS
sNT
sOU
sPV
sQW
sRX
sSY
sYZ
sUA
sVB
sWC
sXD
sYE
sZF
######
sAH
sBI
sCJ
sDK
sEL
sFM
sGN
sHO
sIP
sJQ
sKR
sLS
sMT
sNU
sOV
sPW
sQX
sRY
sSZ
sTA
sUB
sVC
sWD
sXE
sYF
sZG
######
sAI
sBJ
sCK
sDL
sEM
sFN
sGO
sHP
sIQ
sJR
sKS
sLT
sMU
sNV
sOW
sPX
sQY
sRZ
sSA
sTB
sUC
sVD
sWE
sXF
sYG
sZH
######
sAJ
sBK
sCL
sDM
sEN
sFO
sGP
sHQ
sIR
sJS
sKT
sLU
sMV
sNW
sOX
sPY
sQZ
sRA
sSB
sTC
sUD
sVE
sWF
sXG
sYH
sZI
######
sAK
sBL
sCM
sDN
sEO
sFP
sGQ
sHR
sIS
sJT
sKU
sLV
sMW
sNX
sOY
sPZ
sQA
sRB
sSC
sTD
sUE
sVF
sWG
sXH
sYI
sZJ
######
sAL
sBM
sCN
sDO
sEP
sFQ
sGR
sHS
sIT
sJU
sKV
sLW
sMX
sNY
sOZ
sPA
sQB
sRC
sSD
sTE
sUF
sVG
sWH
sXI
sYJ
sZK
######
sAM
sBN
sCO
sDP
sEQ
sFR
sGS
sHT
sIU
sJV
sKW
sLX
sMY
sNZ
sOA
sPB
sQC
sRD
sSE
sTF
sUG
sVH
sWI
sXJ
sYK
sZL
######
sAN
sBO
sCP
sDQ
sER
sFS
sGT
sHU
sIV
sJW
sKX
sLY
sMZ
sNA
sOB
sPC
sQD
sRE
sSF
sTG
sUH
sVI
sWJ
sXK
sYL
sZM
######
sAO
sBP
sCQ
sDR
sES
sFT
sGU
sHV
sIW
sJX
sKY
sLZ
sMA
sNB
sOC
sPD
sQE
sRF
sSG
sTH
sUI
sVJ
sWK
sXL
sYM
sZN
######
sAP
sBQ
sCR
sDS
sET
sFU
sGV
sHW
sIX
sJY
sKZ
sLA
sMB
sNC
sOD
sPE
sQF
sRG
sSH
sTI
sUJ
sVK
sWL
sXM
sYN
sZO
######
sAQ
sBR
sCS
sDT
sEU
sFV
sGW
sHX
sIY
sJZ
sKA
sLB
sMC
sND
sOE
sPF
sQG
sRH
sSI
sTJ
sUK
sVL
sWM
sXN
sYO
sZP
######
sAR
sBS
sCT
sDU
sEV
sFW
sGX
sHY
sIZ
sJA
sKB
sLC
sMD
sNE
sOF
sPG
sQH
sRI
sSJ
sTK
sUL
sVM
sWN
sXO
sYP
sZQ
######
sAS
sBT
sCU
sDV
sEW
sFX
sGY
sHZ
sIA
sJB
sKC
sLD
sME
sNF
sOG
sPH
sQI
sRJ
sSK
sTL
sUM
sVN
sWO
sXP
sYQ
sZR
######
sAT
sBU
sCV
sDW
sEX
sFY
sGZ
sHA
sIB
sJC
sKD
sLE
sMF
sNG
sOH
sPI
sQJ
sRK
sSL
sTM
sUN
sVO
sWP
sXQ
sYR
sZS
######
sAU
sBV
sCW
sDX
sEY
sFZ
sGA
sHB
sIC
sJD
sKE
sLF
sMG
sNH
sOI
sPJ
sQK
sRL
sSM
sTN
sUO
sVP
sWQ
sXR
sYS
sZT
######
sAV
sBW
sCX
sDY
sEZ
sFA
sGB
sHC
sID
sJE
sKF
sLG
sMH
sNI
sOJ
sPK
sQL
sRM
sSN
sTO
sUP
sVQ
sWR
sXS
sYT
sZU
######
sAW
sBX
sCY
sDZ
sEA
sFB
sGC
sHD
sIE
sJF
sKG
sLH
sMI
sNJ
sOK
sPL
sQM
sRN
sSO
sTP
sUQ
sVR
sWS
sXT
sYU
sZV
######
sAX
sBY
sCZ
sDA
sEB
sFC
sGD
sHE
sIF
sJG
sKH
sLI
sMJ
sNK
sOL
sPM
sQN
sRO
sSP
sTQ
sUR
sVS
sWT
sXU
sYV
sZW
######
sAY
sBZ
sCA
sDB
sEC
sFD
sGE
sHF
sIG
sJH
sKI
sLJ
sMK
sNL
sOM
sPN
sQO
sRP
sSQ
sTR
sUS
sVT
sWU
sXV
sYW
sZX
######
sAZ
sBA
sCB
sDC
sED
sFE
sGF
sHG
sIH
sJI
sKJ
sLK
sML
sNM
sON
sPO
sQP
sRQ
sSR
sTS
sUT
sVU
sWV
sXW
sYX
sZY

Remember to run it through without any rules to get A done. Then use these rules. I have separated them by "######" you can cut and paste to make separate rule files.

@ntk

Sorry mate, not sure what you are trying to say. I think you are replacing them on a drive ? My "rule" will mean you don't need to do that....hopefully Big Grin
Sorry for being negative, but wait, I smell something wrong here!
Let me just think about it.
(06-03-2012, 02:58 PM)M@LIK Wrote: Sorry for being negative, but wait, I smell something wrong here!
Let me just think about it.

No problem M@LIK, sniff away !! Big Grin

I was worried this may be too simple. If you consider the generated list "A" as a mask then I "thought" the substitutions might work. I am however fully prepared to give way to your superior knowledge. Smile
(06-03-2012, 11:33 AM)Hash-IT Wrote: Hang on a second !!!!!

I have just had an idea !! We only need to generate 1 set of characters !

If this is right it will save a lot of time and space. All we are trying to achieve here is the sequence of characters not necessarily the characters themselves. Bear with me ....

Once we have .."A" in the sequence we need (no more than 1 sequential instance etc) all we have to do is use the rules to swap the characters about by using the substitution rule to make all the other patterns on the fly whilst cracking !

I think we just need the rules to move up 1 character (rather like the Ceaser cipher). So A will become B and C will be D etc.

All you need to do is think of the generated letters in the group of "A" as a pattern or rule file and not as the actual passwords.

Thoughts anyone ?

Well done Hash-IT, I like this idea. Would it still work after filtering with sed?

Look like I'll be getting that new GPU after all....