3DES Help
So I wrote a password program bask in the day using Visual Studios Simple3Des Class.  And I forgot the password that I used to encrypt...   This program class takes a "Salt" like parameter, and a "password" like parameter.  

So I have the hash of the password.  I have the salt, and I know the first 6 characters of the password. 

How can I use Hashcat to guess at the last 4-6 characters of the password I forgot.  ?  Thank You
Simple3Des uses SHA1 as the KDF, from what I understand. There's no existing module in hashcat to crack that, I'm afraid.
(07-15-2024, 09:10 PM)buka Wrote: Simple3Des uses SHA1 as the KDF, from what I understand. There's no existing module in hashcat to crack that, I'm afraid.

Thank You for your reply. I am not an encryption aficionado (so i dont know much).  I found the history behind 3des - which I believe is the same thing.  https://www.comparitech.com/blog/informa...ncryption/

"3DES is an encryption cipher that was derived from the original Data Encryption Standard" 
" Although it’s officially known as the Triple Data Encryption Algorithm (3DEA) "

So - If someone says its SHA1 - I guess that could be the case.  On the Hashcat examples page they do reference des3 (15300) , and 3des (14100), des (14000) ... but I am not sure of the format...?

hashcat 14100 -m "salthere" "hashvaluehere" -a 3 'password'?d?d?d    - something like this - I am not sure...   Any help would be appreciated. 
Thanks