ULM Replacement ?
(06-11-2012, 01:42 AM)Socapex Wrote: I'm just getting into sed & grep right now, might be posting some more stuff. But it kinda sucks if they're not available on windows :/.

I have to say, grep and sed are really powerful tools (grep is available for windows I think, maybe even sed!).

You can get a few of the of the Linux tools that have been ported over to windows Here which include Grep and Sed or you could install Cygwin which is like a Linux emulator so you can run most of the Linux binarys on windows.
So sed and grep are in Cygwin, but not sort nor uniq (from what I've searched in the package list).
(06-11-2012, 03:38 AM)Socapex Wrote: So sed and grep are in Cygwin, but not sort nor uniq (from what I've searched in the package list).

yes all of them are in Cygwin here have a look.

If you just want them tools (sed, grep, sort and uniq) you can get with out needing Cygwin, unless you want bash as well in windows.
(06-11-2012, 01:42 AM)Socapex Wrote: I'm just getting into sed & grep right now, might be posting some more stuff. But it kinda sucks if they're not available on windows :/. Sed uses regular expressions (I just removed leading & trailing whitespaces, then removed the occurrence numbers and the extra white space from a heavily fragmented list). I don't want to flood this forum with unusefull Unix commands though. If you feel like it I'll make a little thread on "How to extract passwords from files that have ALL the users' info inside, without looking much." Big Grin

Please do post more, we can never have enough info about this !! Smile

Looking forward to your new thread !

Here is a little link that is going to make your day ! Linky
Something really bad happened so the thread will have to wait just a bit... Sad But I cant wait to share the stuff.

PS. Wine + laptop = sad user & wallet... I'll be back with a new decent rig! See you soon.
oh hi guys.. interesting thread. Hi hash-it

I guess you have gotten my attention.

I have identified some critical bugs and this has led me to release an update. Along with this update will be some very interesting additions which I have made already. I have been working on it silently and just waiting for the right time.

Examples
Native support for both unix/windows delimited lists (yes, lists can be mixed)
Dynamic reformat tool, (able to extract, and reformat lines)
Pre-process filter (apply a rule/filter, in addition to a selected function when lists are parsed)

I do not want to flood this board with things unrelated to hashcat as I'm sure atom won't be very pleased and therefore have refrained from posting anything related to ULM until now

Feel free to pm/email me.

-BlazeR
Well, well, well then man himself !!! Big Grin

How are you doing blazer ? Its been a long time !! As you can see I have been relentlessly pushing ULM since we last spoke. ha ha !!

I am really pleased you have returned to ULM, there is nothing quite like it. You will notice other threads of mine throughout this forum about ULM.

(06-12-2012, 07:34 AM)blazer Wrote: I do not want to flood this board with things unrelated to hashcat as I'm sure atom won't be very pleased and therefore have refrained from posting anything related to ULM until now

No problem I asked atom for this general topic section for things just like this. As long as you don't ask for hashes to be cracked or promote warez, cracking etc or commercial software we are ok ! Just try to keep it roughly related to hashcat which I believe ULM is.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to start your very own dedicated thread all about ULM from the developer himself !!!

I really hope you have fixed those bugs, I do not want to see another "Invalid property value" error ever again in my life !!! Big Grin

I am really pleased you are back ! Where's the update link ????
I created this sub-forum especially for discussing everything that is related to hashcracking. Of course I do not want to see any hashes posted here, so it should be legal talk. AFAIK, ULM is a wordlist manager, so its perfectly fine for me to talk about on here.
Thank you atom.

There you go blazer, straight from atom. I can't wait to make bug reports and requests, just like the old days ! Smile

I bet you are dreading that !! Big Grin