[Release] Unified List Manager (ULM)
[Image: A7qGb66.png]

Unified List Manager (ULM) is a feature rich Windows utility which excels dealing with word lists. While ULM may not be 'fast', it has a very user friendly interface and gets the job done. Some examples include list; sorting, splitting, joining, analysis, generating, slicing, hashing, converting and reformatting to name a few.

A big thanks goes out to the testers for making this release possible.

http://unifiedlm.com/Download
Well, this is a bit of a surprise !
Cool, Thanks!
ULMB98V201 is out now.

Some changes

Brand new text processing code resulting in roughly 2-7x speed increase across a majority of functions
Basewords, Extract the base words from your list
A new mask processor tool to select items within your list based on defiend mask charsets such as ?1?2?4?1?2?7?8?5 where each number represents a charset
Functions to harvest portions of wordlists for use in combo/mask attacks
Better Unicode support with UTF-8 awareness rolled out to a portion of the functions. User is able to toggle the processing mode through settings.
Logging feature which writes the jobs to a log file.

A Big Thanks to the people making suggestions and submitting bug reports, you know who you are.

Enjoy!
thanks! Smile
Thanks Blazer

I will be back testing soon. Smile
Thanks Blazer and Co-authors for this nice program.
It's the best desicion in this area, I've ever seen in web.

I've been used this (and previous) release for a while, and found a bunch of glitches:

1. "Queue" still works wrong in the cases, where user must enter some values, e.g. "Numeric Prefix" Margins. So, only first file is processed well, and all others got some mess up, because one option works only once (for one numeric prefix margin, for example). It works good only for non-optional tools, such as "Case Tools". And the best desicion here, I guess, is to remove all these each-file-user-input stuff.
So, If I want to Numeric Prefix 20 dictionaries, I should just input margins only once, at the very beginning.

2. "Horizontal Join" is unstable. For example I start combining one Dic with 2 other, and as a result I get a Dic which has only results untill J-letter, and not further. So, somethings interrupts the full process.

3. "Combinator" is unstable. This problem concerns non-english charset, e.g. Russian.
This is similar to point 2. something interrupts full process. Similar issue is with sorting of russian dictionaries, which works untill 80% of file, and then crushes the program. I tried to use UTF-8 but it didn't help.

4. "Case tools" don't work for non-english alphabets, e.g. Russian. So, I cannot uppercase such words, and perhaps to lowercase them to. This, however, can be resolved by "Direct Remapping", which, thank Tzeench and Blazer, works fine.

5. "Custom charset prefix/sufiix" is also unstable. This is similar ot point 2. and 3. Well, this works good for small dictionaries, but something interrupts the process for bigger ones. I haven't notice the size threshold in megabytes, though. I can try to track this issue if you like.

6. "Generator" crushes program, when there is no extension of file. So, for example, file z1 with no .txt proceeded this little bug.

Also, there are some whishes I would like this program to have.

1. Remembering of the last folder. Well this is not handy - to start each time from ULM root folder, when you work with lots of folders, containing different groupped types of dictionaries. The best approach is, I guess, to track last 10 (or whatever) paths which user used, similar as Total Commander do it. (Ok, there is some trackng of paths inside ULM, but it tracks only paths to files, not folders, which is not handy.)

2. More detailed descriptions. Well, laconicism is a good thing, but not for every theme, I suppose.
That is why, I haven't used some options yet, because I don't quite understand the idea. For example, I am still not sure how to use this program for parsing any text and transform it to dictionary. The best desicion is chm-file, I guess, or some simple example in the description for every tool.

3. Static charset adding. So, such tools as "Generator" contain default charsets, such as: Numeric, Alpha, Symbols, etc. This could be handy to load from the list some user-defined charsets, for quick access.

4. Uppercasing a definite number of letters per item. For example, I wish to generate dictionary with first 2 or 3 letters uppercased, and others are lowercased. By the way, the reverse operation would be great too, so, If I want uppercase last 3 letters of word, I would uppercase them all at first step, and then lowercase the definite number of first letters at the second step.

5. Numeric Calendar Prefix : ) The idea, is to have option to generate only those numbers which are dates, months or years. For example, I want to create a dictionary, for all dates from 2000 to 2005 with all full dates. E.g. Admin > Admin02052005, Admin03052005, etc. By the way, defining the format for the date with custom separator is also a good idea.

OK, that's enough for one post, I guess. Btw, Sorry for my pretty uperfect English.

Thanks again, for such great soft.
Hi Kondormax

Thanks for your interest in ULM. There has been a lot of work and testing done on ULM since this thread started.

Please take a look at the ULM site and perhaps if you have found a bug that is not already listed there you might like to add yours.

Thanks. Smile
ULM now supports basic rule-extraction which pulls rules from your plains list that can be used directly with the hashcats

The current rules supported are:

Uses the swap(s), overwrite(o), insert(i), prefix(^), suffix($), toggle@(T), lowercase(l), uppercase(u), Title[c), ReverseTitle[C) rules

Below is an example of the top-ten extracted rules from the Linked-in list sorted by occurrence

Linked-in (5,574,048)
Top-10
14025:$1 $2 $3
13867:$!
8199:$1
6950:$@ $1 $2 $3
5955:$@
5437:c
4431:$.
3409:$*
2952:sa@
2905:i5_

More rules and plenty of improvements planned for these functions.

Enjoy!
First, thank you for being willing to provide the community with another set of tools - in particular, in a cross-platform tool with a nice GUI!

I'd like to suggest that once you're happy with the results on whatever wordlists you like best, a very serious test set for your ULM against the clearmoon247/myslowtech wordlists - that's the most comprehensive set of wordlists I'm currently aware of, and if your tool works with those files, it should work with anything under 4GB at a time!

I'm also curious about your rule extraction code; how does that compare to something like PACK 0.0.4?