piping hashcat into pyrit
Hi,
I'm trying to pipe hashcat into pyrit in order to crack wpa hash with best64.rule. I use hashcat 0.40 and pyrit 0.4.0 in Backtrack 5r3. I have tried the following command with no success
Code:
./hashcat-cli32.bin -m 200  -r rules/best64.rule /root/nofind.hash /root/dic/list3.txt --stdout | pyrit -i - -r /root/handshake/rado-01.cap attack_passthrough
Is this even possible or what would be the correct command for that?
Thank You
I think it would be this...can't test

./hashcat-cli32.bin -r rules/best64.rule /root/dic/list3.txt --stdout | pyrit -i - -r /root/handshake/rado-01.cap attack_passthrough
unfortunately it' not. got same result as before
Code:
Picked AccessPoint 00:22:75:23:ee:ec ('Tilt') automatically.
Tried 0 PMKs so far; 0 PMKs per second.

Password was not found. Retry the attack with '--all-handshakes'
pyrit ignores all words shorter than 8 in length as its the minimum wpa will allow, so try with a different dictionary.
that's a good point. thx. I've tried several dictionaries now, but the output it's same

Problem solved.
I think there's something wrong with hashcat in backtrack. I redownload hashcat0.40. Before piping hashcat, you have to agree with eula, otherwise it won't work.
Its still questionable why you use pyrit at all. Its old, not maintained and slower than oclHashcat-plus. Its even slower when running with GPU + CPU at once while oclHashcat-plus only uses GPU.
(08-31-2012, 10:38 AM)atom Wrote: Its still questionable why you use pyrit at all. Its old, not maintained and slower than oclHashcat-plus. Its even slower when running with GPU + CPU at once while oclHashcat-plus only uses GPU.

I know, but I dont want to use gpu because its slow and slowly dying because of well known issue with nvidia 8400M GS. I just wanted to use rules with dictionary attack against wpa.