Backtrack equivalent
I have no clue if this can be done but if it is, I think that it would be loved by everyone. Is it possible to make a backtrack/ubuntu like cd/dvd that would have the OS, VCL and the new -plus already on it so that whatever machine you have, you just insert the CD/DVD, add the minimum amount of settings required and you are ready to crack some hashes. One of the goal being to allow the Windows users to be able to use the VCL on their machine without making another OS install.
short answer, probably not.

vcl is not distributable, it has a rather restrictive license. but, some distribution that really wanted to distribute it could handle it like adobe flash, broadcom firmware, etc, where they distribute a script that automatically fetches and install it.

the other issue is that vcl is not really intended for the masses, nor casual use. it's geared more toward your hardcore cluster nerds who have a permanent standing cluster (the intended audience is scientific/research/academic clusters.) that doesn't really mean anything in and of itself, but mosix isn't really concerned with our edge-case usage, so you're really on your own when it comes to support. it's one of those "if you know what you're doing and you have the necessary skills to operate it, here it is, use it at your own risk" things.
(09-20-2012, 05:20 AM)epixoip Wrote: short answer, probably not.

vcl is not distributable, it has a rather restrictive license. but, some distribution that really wanted to distribute it could handle it like adobe flash, broadcom firmware, etc, where they distribute a script that automatically fetches and install it.

the other issue is that vcl is not really intended for the masses, nor casual use. it's geared more toward your hardcore cluster nerds who have a permanent standing cluster (the intended audience is scientific/research/academic clusters.) that doesn't really mean anything in and of itself, but mosix isn't really concerned with our edge-case usage, so you're really on your own when it comes to support. it's one of those "if you know what you're doing and you have the necessary skills to operate it, here it is, use it at your own risk" things.
Thanks for the answer. It's true, I did not think about the license stuff. The wiki Atom has made seems detailed enough. With my geek side, I am going to try it for sure once the mixed GPU will be available in the next -plus version.