what language is hashcat written in?
I was curious what language is hashcat written in. I know that ocl stands for Open Computer Language but I noticed that atom's avatar looks like Assembly code. Are parts of it written in assembly code? I imagine it would take a very talented individual to write something like this in pure assembly.
(10-25-2012, 05:14 PM)snooz Wrote: I was curious what language is oclhashcat written in. I know that ocl stands for Open Computer Language but I noticed that atom's avatar looks like Assembly code. Are parts of it written in assembly code? I imagine it would take a very talented individual to write something like this in pure assembly.

As far as I remember, it's written in OCL and C.
(10-25-2012, 05:14 PM)snooz Wrote: I was curious what language is oclhashcat written in. I know that ocl stands for Open Computer Language but I noticed that atom's avatar looks like Assembly code. Are parts of it written in assembly code? I imagine it would take a very talented individual to write something like this in pure assembly.

brainfuck mostly
(10-25-2012, 05:14 PM)snooz Wrote: I imagine it would take a very talented individual to write something like this

He is, we are lucky to have him, as far as I know he does it all by himself which in itself is awesome.

I wouldn't know where to start with something like this.
(10-25-2012, 05:28 PM)radix Wrote:

brainfuck mostly

++++++++++[>+++++++>+<<-]>++++++.+++.---.>.

Smile
(10-25-2012, 05:14 PM)snooz Wrote: I was curious what language is oclhashcat written in.

it may shock you to learn that oclhashcat is written in ocl.

and atom's avatar is gnu debugger output, not assembly.
Hashcat CPU has parts of ASM.

For oclHashcat-* its plain C for the host-code part, OpenCL for AMD kernels, CUDA for NV kernels. Both OpenCL and CUDA and nearly 1:1 to C. There are also some parts of C++ used in the kernels but this is just functions overloads.
(10-26-2012, 12:23 AM)epixoip Wrote:
(10-25-2012, 05:14 PM)snooz Wrote: I was curious what language is oclhashcat written in.

it may shock you to learn that oclhashcat is written in ocl.

and atom's avatar is gnu debugger output, not assembly.

My bad, I meant hashcat. Typo fixed so I guess I can excuse your wiseass response. Anyway, atom answered my question.
you are genius atom Smile thanks for such a tool whatever its language Smile
(05-31-2013, 04:59 PM)markspend01 Wrote: Hey Guys my name is Mark.According to that topic well i think that c++ and OGL language is used in hashcat.Thanks!!
Hey Mark, you don't know what you're talking about Big Grin C++ is slower than C (don't know why, but it is) and OGL (OpenGL) is not a language, it's library. It's like DirectX but much better, faster and open-source Wink