clBuildProgram() -11
I've been trying to overcome this obstacle for 2 days now. This is my last resort. I get the error when running:

oclHashcat-plus64.exe -m 2500 -a 3 capture.hccap ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d

The output:
Quote:oclHashcat-plus v0.09 by atom starting...
Hashes: 1 total, 1 unique salts, 1 unique digests
Bitmaps: 8 bits, 256 entries, 0x000000ff mask, 1024 bytes
Workload: 16 loops, 8 accel
Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger set to 90c
Watchdog: Temperature retain trigger set to 80c
Device #1: Cayman, 2048MB, 890Mhz, 24MCU
Device #1: Kernel ./kernels/4098/m2500.Cayman_1084.2_(VM).kernel not found in cache! Building may take a while...
ERROR: clBuildProgram() -11

I am running windows7 64bit with an AMD 6970

I have the latest catalyst 12.10 drivers and the AMD APP SDK v2.7 and have rebooted after the installs.

I have blown all my drivers away and reinstalled them and have attempted many different versions. Is there something I am missing? Is there somewhere I can look into that gives a more detailed look into the "ERROR: clBuildProgram() -11"?
remove the SDK, install 12.08 and pray.
what are the many different versions that you tried? 12.8 should have worked.
The many different versions range from 11.11 upwards to 12.11(beta). But I also had the SDK installed as well thinking I needed that for the clbuildprogram. I will clean the machine again, install 12.8 by itself and see if it goes. Thanks for the quick replies.
I have removed all AMD software, rebooted, installed 12.8, rebooted again and I still have the same error. Is there a way to see what it's referring to?
you forgot to pray.
I didn't pray but I did yell really loudly. I got the cuda version working on the amazon ec2 gpucluster with ubuntu but I don't want to pay for the 5 day run time for it to complete. I'll try a few different os's.
If the kernel contains 1084.2_(VM) inside its filename you know your catalyst driver version wasnt downgraded correctly since this is the version of some version of catalyst 12.9 beta and higher. As other members said above, you need exactly catalyst 12.8 to run oclHashcat-* release versions.
Thank you atom. I did manage to get it working under a clean install of ubuntu 12.04 w/ amd app sdk 2.7 and catalyst 12.8.