hashcat-plus stopped working with no compatible platform error
I've got a pair of GFX 460 cards which have always worked fine for cracking. I've not used my box for a while (3 months or so) but today when I fired it up I updated Debian and the NVidia drivers to 310.19 but when I try with oclHashcat-plus 0.09 I get the error

"No NVidia compatible platform found"

I've tried downgrading the NVidia drivers to 295 as I know there was an issue when they first went over 300 but that hasn't helped.

I also tried 0.08 in case it was a change in 0.09 but that is now failing as well.

pyrit is still running fine so I know that the drivers are installed OK.

Any idea what it could be?
(11-23-2012, 02:22 PM)digininja Wrote: I've got a pair of GFX 460 cards which have always worked fine for cracking. I've not used my box for a while (3 months or so) but today when I fired it up I updated Debian and the NVidia drivers to 310.19 but when I try with oclHashcat-plus 0.09 I get the error

"No NVidia compatible platform found"

I've tried downgrading the NVidia drivers to 295 as I know there was an issue when they first went over 300 but that hasn't helped.

I also tried 0.08 in case it was a change in 0.09 but that is now failing as well.

pyrit is still running fine so I know that the drivers are installed OK.

Any idea what it could be?
I have 2 suggestions: 1) Make sure you do a CLEAN driver install. Google it, there is a detailed procedure on how to do this. 2) Re-download and decompress a fresh copy of oclhashcat-plus.
The install of oclhashcat-plus was fresh, previously I was running 0.08 so the 0.09 was new on the box.

I've never done a clean driver install but I'll have a look and give it a try. Last time the drivers messed up I just dropped back to 295 and all was happy again, not this time though.