Bug using markov chains?
#1
Bug 
I was Using Markov chains And I aumented the keyspace using a threshold=8 And well I got this, Maybe is my error.

That's my code
Code:
./oclHashcat-plus32.bin -a 3 -m 0 '/root/Desktop/m.txt' ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a --outfile-format=3 --remove --outfile=/root/Desktop/founded2.txt --markov-threshold=8

Code:
oclHashcat-plus v0.09 by atom starting... Hashes: 12 total, 1 unique salts, 12 unique digests Bitmaps: 8 bits, 256 entries, 0x000000ff mask, 1024 bytes Workload: 256 loops, 80 accel Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger set to 90c Watchdog: Temperature retain trigger set to 80c Device #1: Loveland, 384MB, 500Mhz, 2MCU Device #1: Kernel ./kernels/4098/m0000_a3.Loveland_938.2_1.4.1741.kernel (571960 bytes) [s]tatus [p]ause [r]esume [b]ypass [q]uit => WARN: ADL_Overdrive5_FanSpeedInfo_Get(): -1 Status.......: Exhausted Input.Mode...: Mask (?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a) Hash.Target..: File (/root/Desktop/m.txt) Hash.Type....: MD5 Time.Running.: 2 secs Time.Left....: 0 secs Time.Util....: 2007.1ms/0.0ms Real/CPU, 0.0% idle Speed........: 0 c/s Real, 0 c/s GPU Recovered....: 0/12 Digests, 0/1 Salts Progress.....: 0/0 (100.00%) Rejected.....: 0/0 (100.00%) HWMon.GPU.#1.: 0% Util, 55c Temp, N/A Fan
#2
I don't see anything wrong with your command so it may be a bug, but I cannot reproduce it.

What happens if you use other threshold values? Did you alter hashcat.hcstat in any way?
#3
With other values of threshold works fine, from 11 like ?a and foward I got the same error, I didn't touch the default .hcstat I even generated another one from other dicctionary and nothing, my graphics card is and RADEON-HD 6310M. maybe that could be the problem?

that's was my new try, I used 12 ?a
Code:
./oclHashcat-plus32.bin -a 3 -m 0 '/root/Desktop/hashcrack/pendientes.txt' ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a --outfile-format=3 --remove --outfile=/root/Desktop/founded2.txt --markov-threshold=8 --markov-hcstat '/root/Desktop/test.hcstat'

Code:
oclHashcat-plus v0.09 by atom starting... Hashes: 22 total, 1 unique salts, 22 unique digests Bitmaps: 8 bits, 256 entries, 0x000000ff mask, 1024 bytes Workload: 256 loops, 80 accel Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger set to 90c Watchdog: Temperature retain trigger set to 80c Device #1: Loveland, 384MB, 500Mhz, 2MCU Device #1: Kernel ./kernels/4098/m0000_a3.Loveland_938.2_1.4.1741.kernel (571960 bytes) [s]tatus [p]ause [r]esume [b]ypass [q]uit => WARN: ADL_Overdrive5_FanSpeedInfo_Get(): -1 Status.......: Exhausted Input.Mode...: Mask (?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a) Hash.Target..: File (/root/Desktop/hashcrack/pendientes.txt) Hash.Type....: MD5 Time.Running.: 1 sec Time.Left....: 0 secs Time.Util....: 1004.7ms/0.0ms Real/CPU, 0.0% idle Speed........: 0 c/s Real, 0 c/s GPU Recovered....: 0/22 Digests, 0/1 Salts Progress.....: 0/0 (100.00%) Rejected.....: 0/0 (100.00%) HWMon.GPU.#1.: 0% Util, 58c Temp, N/A Fan

Also a screenshot

   

(12-23-2012, 06:13 AM)epixoip Wrote: I don't see anything wrong with your command so it may be a bug, but I cannot reproduce it.

What happens if you use other threshold values? Did you alter hashcat.hcstat in any way?
#4
can you try -t instead of --markov-threshold please?
#5
Got the same =(

Code:
./oclHashcat-plus32.bin -a 3 -m 0 -t 8 '/root/Desktop/hashcrack/pendientes.txt' ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a --outfile-format=3 --remove --outfile=/root/Desktop/founded2.txt --markov-hcstat '/root/Desktop/test.hcstat'

Code:
oclHashcat-plus v0.09 by atom starting... Hashes: 22 total, 1 unique salts, 22 unique digests Bitmaps: 8 bits, 256 entries, 0x000000ff mask, 1024 bytes Workload: 256 loops, 80 accel Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger set to 90c Watchdog: Temperature retain trigger set to 80c Device #1: Loveland, 384MB, 500Mhz, 2MCU Device #1: Kernel ./kernels/4098/m0000_a3.Loveland_938.2_1.4.1741.kernel (571960 bytes) [s]tatus [p]ause [r]esume [b]ypass [q]uit => WARN: ADL_Overdrive5_FanSpeedInfo_Get(): -1 Status.......: Exhausted Input.Mode...: Mask (?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a) Hash.Target..: File (/root/Desktop/hashcrack/pendientes.txt) Hash.Type....: MD5 Time.Running.: 2 secs Time.Left....: 0 secs Time.Util....: 2007.7ms/0.0ms Real/CPU, 0.0% idle Speed........: 0 c/s Real, 0 c/s GPU Recovered....: 0/22 Digests, 0/1 Salts Progress.....: 0/0 (100.00%) Rejected.....: 0/0 (100.00%) HWMon.GPU.#1.: 0% Util, 58c Temp, N/A Fan

Screenshot
   
(12-23-2012, 02:39 PM)atom Wrote: can you try -t instead of --markov-threshold please?
#6
It's really low-end card, possibly this will be an issue.
#7
I guess This was solved in the new version, tried again to see, And found that hashcat detects other kernel for my card.

Code:
./oclHashcat-plus32.bin -a 3 -m 0 '/root/Downloads/32_hex_7_days.txt' ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a --outfile-format=3 --remove --outfile=/root/Desktop/founded.txt --markov-threshold=8

Code:
oclHashcat-plus v0.12 by atom starting... Hashes: 61914 total, 1 unique salts, 52582 unique digests Bitmaps: 19 bits, 524288 entries, 0x0007ffff mask, 2097152 bytes Workload: 256 loops, 80 accel Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger set to 90c Watchdog: Temperature retain trigger set to 80c Device #1: Loveland, 192MB, 500Mhz, 2MCU Device #1: Kernel ./kernels/4098/m0000_a3.Loveland_938.2_CAL 1.4.1741.kernel (571828 bytes)

The kernel is different and now I don't get this error.

Code:
Session.Name...: oclHashcat-plus Status.........: Running Input.Mode.....: Mask (?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a) Hash.Target....: File (/root/Downloads/32_hex_7_days.txt) Hash.Type......: MD5 Time.Started...: Fri Jan 4 15:22:50 2013 (10 secs) Time.Estimated.: Fri Jan 4 15:39:54 2013 (16 mins, 52 secs) Speed.GPU.#1...: 83963.2k/s Recovered......: 0/52582 Digests, 0/1 Salts Progress.......: 723517440/68719476736 (1.05%) Rejected.......: 0/723517440 (0.00%) HWMon.GPU.#1...: 100% Util, 63c Temp, N/A Fan

I guess this thread can be closed
#8
Thanks for information. Thread closed.